“Worthy of the name and worth the wait”
Review of Yummies Bistro

Yummies Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We tried Yummies because of a little rain storm on the beach. We expected a wait since it was around 11:00 and between the breakfast and lunch crowd. We had a 30-minute wait and everyone else behind us had a 45 minute wait. It was well worth it. The place is packed with newbies like us and repeat customers that knew the staff. This is always a good sign. All of the staff was over the top friendly and helpful and our waiter was excellent! Very helpful with the menu, no glass of water, or tea went below half etc…
The food- My wife and I split a club sandwich which was stacked high with ingredients and more than enough for the two of us. The kids had HUGE pancakes with chocolate chips….lots of chocolate chips (hoping the rain stops and we go back to the beach to run off the chocolate chips). Needless to say they were a hit with the kids.
Looking at the other dishes being served around us, you can’t go wrong, everything looked good and by the “yummie’ sounds of the other guests, I assume there is nothing you can order that would not be fantastic. We will definitely return here the next time we are in SPI.

3  Thank TikiTex
Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great place for breakfast. The multi grain waffle was delicious. My grand daughter drinks only soy milk. This is the first place I have seen soy milk on the menu. We come to SPI each year. This Weill be on our annual To Do list.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Second year I have had breakfast here and it is worth it. Really good migas and omelets and good coffee, as well as, very friendly staff. I'll eat there every time I go to SPI.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 11:00 am. we had to wait 30 mins. I really wanted to leave but my husband decided we wait. It was a 45 min wait. by the time we got our food it was another 20 mins. There was lots of noise. I think that will be the last time for me. my food was so so. the coffee was good. tks

1  Thank californiadelia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just spent 3 days in South Padre, and had breakfast at Yummie's 3 times! The breakfast menu includes pretty much everything from pancakes to omelets. To our surprise they also had coffee drinks, so we had everything we needed under one roof. Service is great too!