“Don't miss Yummies.........Perfect place, especially if you need a break from fried food.”
Review of Yummies Bistro

Yummies Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I visit the Island about 10 times during the summer and never miss a breakfast at Yummies. I'm typically not a salad eater but wanted something light for lunch and Yummies did not disappoint. I had the Combo salad which comes with a beautiful assortment of fruits, egg salad, tuna salad, and chicken salad. The soup was also excellent (shrimp and potato) yummy!!!! The plate was so impressive that I took a picture of it. Oh and the coffee is to die for. LOVE IT ALL

• Visited June 2013

Arlington, Texas
“Premier for Padre”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

There is not really much to brag about food wise on the island, especially if you have worn yourself out with fried food. BUT, Yummies does it right! I am slowly working myself through everything on the menu. Not a ho-hum thing yet. Last weekend my son and grandson ordered the bacon stuffed waffle with eggs on top, and I thought they might dissolve into a bliss coma. Shrimp and grits.... yummy, like the name says, Club sandwich... great, fresh ingredients, Salads...so much variety, delicious, Quesidillas, all kinds! I would eat here everyday if I could. It has certainly become a top favorite with our family.

1 Thank linlo
houston, tx
“Can't miss, won't miss”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The minute we walked into this small and extremely clean family run establishment we knew we had found our S. Padre GO TO place for coffee, breakfast and lunch. The service is excellent, very accommodating and attentive. (I can imagine the place gets pretty packed in high season though, so be patient).
The second time we stopped in it was apparent they recognized us. We could tell from the other customer greetings that they took special care to remember their clientele, there were many "usual" customers.
Ours is a family of five and we had breakfast both days. Everyone loved what they ate. There were healthy options and they were helpful with dietary restrictions, offering reasonable substitutions. And did I mention clean? You can just tell the pride they have in their place.
Unfortunately, we learned about it late in our stay or we would have had more meals. They are not open for dinner, however. But just as well - We need some diversity.
They did have a bar area and wines visible, but we did not partake during this trip. We will return.

2 Thank VinoMio_NYCluv
McAllen, Texas, United States
“Super place!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent coffee. I had the iced coffee and even the ice cubes were made of coffee. Great service, too. It's a must if you like a good breakfast on the island.

Clearwater, Florida
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Small little shop only open until 2pm everyday. Extremely nice staff with simple and delicious meals. Drinks are a bit overpriced, but it being a "mom and pop shop" it only makes sense.

Visited May 2013