“Yummy Yummy!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is WONDERFUL!!!! They are only open until 2PM, so there in time to get a table. VERY popular & you will know why. The owners could not be more friendly & the food is EXCEPTIONAL!Grilled vegetable & shrimp panini is a dream come true! Chicken slad famous on the island & the homemade pies are unreal!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

While Yummie's (believe me, it is not a Shack!) has lots of tempting breakfast choices, I'm addicted to their Gulf Coast Grits. If your first experience with grits is here, I doubt seriously you will ever be satisfied with the blah kind that most places in the South serve.
While Yummie's also serves lunch, we've only ever come here for breakfast.
The Rancheros Santa Cruze is also worthy of mention; a skillet of ham, shrimp, potatoes, peppers topped with two over easy eggs and a couple strips of very good bacon.
One secret was revealed to us on a previous visit (this was our third time here since February 1st): Yummie's will serve lunch or breakfast any time they're open (8:00 a.m - 2:00 p.m.)
One thing we haven't tried is the Grapefruit pie. Maybe next time!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I live in San Antonio now but I had lived in Port Isabel my entire life up until I went to college and I visit my family often and I had never heard of Yummies until my most recent visits. I couldn't believe I had never been there! Anytime I visit my parents now we always have breakfast or lunch there! The service is always great (busy or slow) and the food is fantastic! On my last visit I had the Greek Salad and Strawberry Banana Smoothie...both to die for!! I can't wait to visit again just so I can eat at Yummies!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great breakfast fast quick and easy. Very friendly staff. Great for families. Good prices. Close to everything.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Back each year for 3 years, the food gets better and it was already great. Name of coffee shack is misleading as they have a great breakfast and lunch menu.