“Wine tasting with delicious small plates”
Review of Zeste Cafe & Market - CLOSED

Zeste Cafe & Market
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Food from around the world made from scratch. Seafood, poultry, meats, lots of veggies, homemade soups & salad dressings, sandwiches, great desserts, gourmet coffee. Lots of vegetarian, vegan and Gluten Free options. Fine wines, imported & craft beer, setups available. Also, chef prepared foods to go, cheeses, crackers, artisan breads, spreads & dips, sauces and more. Serving dinner from 4:30-9:00 Wednesday through Sunday, 10:00 Friday & Saturday nights.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The two of us went for their Wednesday night wine tasting. We tasted 4 wines for $6.50, one italian, one French whites, one Spanish and one Californian reds. A truly pleasant experience, with the featured appetizer of Salmon Rangoon with thai sauce for $1.50 - no typo, one dollar and fifty cents - incredible. We also tasted the seafood gumbo, the hummus plate and the smoked salmon. Everything was very tasty. Even with two extra glasses of wine, the bill came to less than $60 before tip. Really different restaurant, small plates, all very tasty. I recommend it for a couple looking for a pleasant tasty inexpensive dinner.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stopped by to read the menu on their window before they opened for lunch. A man who I believe is the owner/chef unlocked the door and stepped outside to explain their offerings to me. He told me of their specials and gave me a to-go menu. He was a very nice, customer service focused man.

I came back for lunch and placed a to-go order (waitress also nice), requesting they hold the balsamic ingredient in my veggie pita (I am on a low acid diet). After receiving my order, the owner emerged from the kitchen to discuss possible substitutions for the item I requested they hold. He asked questions, made recommendations, and had me try different samples of hummus, etc. until I found something suitable. What incredible service. And the food was excellent.

The menu is on the gourmet side. Don’t come here for a cheeseburger and fries. They also have a small market with wines, a few interesting beers, and more. Note they are closed Monday and Tuesday. The restaurant sign is a little hard to see coming from the north. The entrance does not face the street.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our favorite restaurant on SPI.

Small plates were delicious. Daughter was happy with child's cheese pita pizza. Wines on offer were also well chosen and not expensive.

Other reviewers have mentioned the carrot cake. It's great if you like a tropical twist with pineapple and coconut. Cream cheese frosting is not too sweet and actually tastes like cream cheese. If you like a spicier carrot cake, with lots of cinnamon, nutmeg, etc., you might be disappointed.

We would have returned if we had stayed longer. Deli counter items looked delicious (samples available.)

Activity suggestion in nice weather: choose picnic items and wine from the deli at Zeste, take them down to the public pavilion at Andy Bowie Park, just past the Hllton Garden Inn and have a feast and a walk on the beach.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was off season and rather late when we arrived at the restaurante. Going off trip advisor to find a cute "local" place with sorta organic style food, we were sorely disappointed with the taste, quality and care put into our dishes. Don't get the crab cakes. It seemed like the food came out of a frozen container and put in the micro for a few min.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food is fresh and inventive and the service is friendly. If you like carrot cake this is a must try. It is rich, moist and not too sweet.