“Surprise!e”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zeste Cafe & Market - CLOSED

Zeste Cafe & Market
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Southwestern, Seafood, International, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Food from around the world made from scratch. Seafood, poultry, meats, lots of veggies, homemade soups & salad dressings, sandwiches, great desserts, gourmet coffee. Lots of vegetarian, vegan and Gluten Free options. Fine wines, imported & craft beer, setups available. Also, chef prepared foods to go, cheeses, crackers, artisan breads, spreads & dips, sauces and more. Serving dinner from 4:30-9:00 Wednesday through Sunday, 10:00 Friday & Saturday nights.
“Surprise!e”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Great food with a lot of flavor. The chef and staff were very friendly.... Vegan menu items and very accomendating. We will return.

Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seems reasonably priced until you see the portions.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Sorry, but portions were tiny! Our duck was served cold and amounted to about 5 small bites. Smoked "salmon" was more like a sour cream dip.. Got a total of about 10 shrimp, 1 crab cake, aforementioned duck, "salmon", kids chicken strips, 4 beers, and tab was almost $100, and we left still hungry. Some staff was surly, but waitress was nice.

1 Thank TRVLNMAN078
Laguna Vista, Texas
“Gourmet dining done well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

They have an upscale, California-esque menu that is very good. I've only ever had their take-out but it's always excellent, which is difficult for take-out. Excellent to get for a romantic, gourmet picnic on the beach.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Amazing Tapas and Sangria experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I went with another couple to check out their tapas menu on a Friday evening while staying in SPI. Between all of us, we tried everything on the tapas menu and there was nothing that wasn't really good. Several things were FANTASTIC! The Sangria was out of this world and we found their wine menu to be EXTREMELY reasonably priced. The couple that we were with found their favorite wine on the list and they were shocked that it was only $2 more than what they pay at the grocery store.

In addition to the fantastic menu, the service was impeccable. The waiter was beyond friendly and helpful. I asked him several questions about the menu, as I can't have gluten or dairy. He told me what he knew and went to talk to the chef to get info on items he was unsure about.

The chef (owner, Mike) came out personally with the menu and sat down with me and discussed everything on the menu. He even offered to pull some things out of the back that were not offered on the tapas menu that night. (I took him up on that and was glad I did, as the veggie empanadas were AMAZING.) He also made me a custom dessert (that was to-die-for), as there was nothing on the dessert menu that I could have.

Before we left that night, we had chatted with both Mike and Lisa (his wife) and felt so very welcomed and appreciated.

I should also add that my mother-in-law had gone in earlier that day to get some take-out for lunch and had grabbed a menu. We went that evening based on her raving about her lunch, so it's not just the tapas that are amazing. It was a lovely experience all around and we can't wait to go back next summer!

• Visited June 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We called Zeste to find out if we could bring our dog. We talked to the owner, Mike (but I think his wife is the real "owner", sorry Mike lol) and he said they could definitely accommodate us. We arrived and Mike and April, our server, set us up on their little patio. They absolutely went out of their way to accommodate us and our dog.
The food was awesome!! It was a Friday night, so it was all tapas. We each started out with salads. Then we tried the Artichoke Parmesan dip...fabulous! We followed that with a cup of Mike's famous gumbo...one of the best gumbos I have ever had. We then tried one each of their empanadas, mushroom and cheese, chorizo and cheese and chicken...they were all wonderful!! My fiance finished the evening with a slice of coconut cream pie...it was light and yummy...perfect! I had a slice of heaven with the carrot cake...divine!!
April took awesome care of us and Mike came out and visited with us several times. We felt so welcome and well taken care of. The evening was capped by a wonderful fireworks display put on every Friday night by the chamber of commerce.
We could not have asked for a better place to dine. The food was awesome, the service spectacular and Mike was the ultimate host. If you don't try Zeste when you cost SPI you are missing the jewel of the island!!