“Great experience for teenagers!”

Black Dragon Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted top cruise attraction in the state of Texas. When planning your things to do activities in the South Padre Island area, a pirate adventure cruise aboard the Black Dragon is a must. Activities includepre-board entertainment, mock cannon battles, face painting, water pistol fights, dolphin watching, sword duels, treasure raids, sightseeing, general hi-jinks, fun and more fun. We'll be looking for you. AARRGGHH!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our mom took me and my brother and his girlfriend to the cruise. I’m 17, and my brother is 20 and his girlfriend is 18. We all had a great time. After a pirate show on the dock, we sat in the “adults only” section at the back of the ship and enjoyed the cruise. Beautiful scenery. Fireworks. Pirates onboard exchanging cannon fire with pirates on two different piers. Face-painting and moustaches, and watching the pirates interact with the children with pirate games. We loved watching the dolphins, and the view of the sunset was magnificent. It reminded us of being in DisneyWorld! Definitely a place for children and adults with a sense of humor.

3  Thank Chad O
in 8 reviews
"pre boarding"
"sunset cruise"
in 31 reviews
"highly recommend this cruise"
in 11 reviews
"entire cruise"
"a lot of fun"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were invited to celebrate the birthday of a 2 year old family member. As soon as we boarded the ship, we were continuously harassed and ridiculed by the crew for the entire duration of 3 hours. Not to mention the hefty $53 per adult charge. We were very disappointed with the entire show and found the crew to be extremely unprofessional. I would never put my children in an environment where the show promotes profiling and bullying. I have never been so humiliated in my life. I strongly suggest you save your money and time and not take part in this event.
Previous reviews are extremely favorable, this leaves two options. Either they are falsely promoting themselves or the show is just in a bad slump. Regardless of the circumstances, I hope this review will help prevent unsuspecting customers from belittlement.

9  Thank Anyssa G
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had seen youtube videos of the Black Dragon and my children were very excited to take the cruise. I must say the trip exceeded anything we could have imagined! Our trip started with a vaudeville type show performed by Rubie the Pirate Queen. Rubie was wonderful, before the show she took the time to introduce herself to all of the children in the audience. Her routine reminded me of Lucille Ball. Next we boarded the ship and were introduced to the crew. This lively bunch or pirates entertained us for the entire cruise. They interacted with everyone on board, not just the kids! Everyone had a great time! We will be taking another cruise the next time we are down in SPI. The crew did a great job while we were out on the water, so if they are reading this review: Capitan Andy, Mako Molly, Blade, Stingray, and especially Robo Todo, Thank you all very much for making our trip to SPI very memorable!!

2  Thank Jose P
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Coming from Schlitterbahn this show had big shoes to fill and that they did. We had a wonderful time. Don't worry about motion sickness, the ship stays in the bay. We would definitely take this cruise again!

2  Thank Connie R