“Good Choice”
Review of Suites at Sunchase

Suites at Sunchase
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed March 13, 2013

How can you say "Friendly". I say the staff at Sunchase. What a great week we had there. My birthday was during our stay and when the staff learned of it they placed a bottle of sparkling wine in our fridge and 2 glasses and a signed card. Never had that before in a hotel. Our every need was met. We were given David's personal computer while the house one was being serviced. Our room was always clean and any request for extra coffee was met with smile. We loved the friday night country western group that played in the lounge. We were just an old couple but they made us feel as important as a bus load of execs. Although there are changes being made to have all the facilities open in the hotel, all of our needs were met during our stay. We have traveled in all 50 states, all of Canada's provinces , Mexico, Bahamas, Europe, and will say they tried the hardest at Sunchase to make us happy for being there. One more kudo. The parking was a big plus for us. Thanks

Room Tip: our room was 442. We selected it because it looked out on the lagoon and was very spacious. We lov...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sueb779

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Suites At Sunchase was booked for two groups and the entire staff was very accommodating. They went above board to be helpful and were always friendly. They handled catering for all the meals and everyone truly enjoyed their stay. We will be returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

First time ever staying at Suites at Sunchase and will definately return. The front desk people were very friendly and even suggested things to do which we did and had a blast. They had an Elvis Impersonator the night we stayed and he did an outstanding job, really took you back in time. We danced the rest of the night away at the Lounge in the Suites. Looking forward to another stay there and some R n R......!. The room was very roomy and clean. A definate plus.

Room Tip: You might look to see what events are happening in the Casablanca Lounge in the Suites.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hhscard83
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The worst vacation ever...At first I thought it was nice, having covered parking, now that I think about it that was actually the best thing about this dump. As we walked thru the weird, stinky, halls, i immediately noticed how dirty the carpet was.The room was very nice, until I pulled back the blanket, and saw hair and brown spots on the sheets, I said ok I'll just ask them to changed them, but they never came, then I noticed there was not a tub, I asked for another room, the man who checked us in said, none of the rooms had tubs. So,I tried to relax and make the best of it, took off my shoes, and the carpet was soaked, b/c the air conditioner had a leak, which explained the smell, Finally, they gave us a new room, (Oh!! this room had a tub). Moving on...we stayed 2 nights, I never seen house keeping, they had NO TOWELS!! Moreover, my daugter kept having astma attacks, I really believed there was mildew in the rooms. We decided to leave this horrible place early, I didn't care about the refund, but my hubby talked them into giving us the last 2 nights back. I wouldn't recommend this place to my enemy.if I had any.

Room Tip: When booking a hotel, remember the saying "You Get What You Paid For" Please read the revi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Libbey S
Reviewed September 5, 2012

To start when we walked in the building it was warm..probably around 76/78. After checking in our room was a far walk from the elevators seeing this used to be a mall. Our room had a huge stain / leak from window A/C unit. Fridge was not cold and when we called they said all theyr fridges are just on chill but it wasnt even chill and we explained we had a 5 month old baby we needed to store formula. The room is big but the A/C unit only cools the side by the bed. It must stay on high so the room can feel okay towards the door. My family was uncomforatable the entire visit. So the restroom was hot and we had to take cold showers for 2 days. Low water pressure. They said because they had so many guests it would take awhile. The hot tub they advertised was not hot either. And my husband used the gym and nothing worked in it! There was also dead cockroaches in the room close to the little kitchen. Worst hotel stay EVER!! I complained and complained but all the guy would say is I'll pass it on. There was no parking anytime, they have very little parking. No breakfast offered. The employees were few and seemed overworked. Only thing good about this hotel is location. FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!! Our view was a yellow building. Pool was small and next to the highway so it was not relaxing at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
17  Thank Lins M
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The rooms were very nice and clean. Except the showrr head sucked and at one point water barely run. The lobby and elevators were really hot. Rarely ever saw any staff. For the price we pay some free coffee would be nice. Coffee machine wasnt even running both times that i wanted it. Front desk staff were polite and quick. First floor lobby also had lots of mosquitos.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ayeemona
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I didn't read the reviews and made reservations for 3 business clients for a function. This is an Ascend Collection Hotel for pete's sake,shouldn't that stand for something? Lobby is very shabby with several empty business spaces packed with junk, looks bad. Nice rooms and comfy beds. Beautiful bathroom with no running water in shower. Did get a decent bath by using ice bucket filled in sink to rinse with. No place to hang clothing, hung clothes in non functioning shower. No hairdryer, no breakfast offered. All 3 rooms on 4th floor with great view of the Bay and Night Club with LOUD music until 2AM. All rooms had same problems, one client checked out of hotel after one night, the oher one laughed it off,(hope we don't lose their business), and the other room was mine and I was stuck and could not leave. I believe the word "mortified" sums our stay. If I'd read the reviews I would not have chosen this hotel as the problems we experienced seem to be ongoing.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the 4th floor, the night club is noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business