Suites at Sunchase
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$39
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$110
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$67
ComfortSuites
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$125
$116
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$85
$42
$38
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$167
$76
Groupon.com
$89
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
$149
$134
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Sapphire Condominiums(South Padre Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdouble kingrooms are spacious and cleancovered parkinglarge bathroomother hotelsthe entire staffwould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againaliciapadrespicvsgm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I am not sure where everybody else is staying that write these horrible reviews. Parking was easy to find. They have these HUGE rooms. We stayed in a suite with 2 KING size beds. The hotel has plenty of staff. They helped take our luggage from the car to our rooms, and when leaving they loaded up the luggage and took it to our cars. My kids played for hours in their pool. I liked that the pool was small, so I could easily keep an eye on the kids. The small cafe next to the hotel was open and even offer to go orders for those staying at the hotel. Staff was always around cleaning, they have pool towels available at the front desk. We will be back. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it's not Travelodge either. By the way, the hotel does have Wi-Fi, just not the room. You will need your cable, or just go to the lobby like I did.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Had a wonderful stay! Great Staff, very helpful..Really enjoyed the bar ...lots of dancing, Really excellent Band! Look forward to our next visit!!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxmako
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We went for a girls get away and we were not impressed. There is only one luggage cart for 87 rooms so be prepared to carry all your stuff through the long strange maze of the hotel. The refrigerator did not work - 4 calls later nothing could be done. We had to use our cooler all weekend with ice from the machine. There were no hooks in the bathroom so we didn't have a place to hang up our beach stuff. We got a knock at the door one night at 6 PM from housekeeping asking if they could take our trash - that's it. We never saw evidence of housekeeping done in our room - no towel replenish, no vacuuming. The hallways are very dirty - never were vacuumed or mopped. There is a night club in the hotel - which you can hear in the rooms. Apparently they don't understand what free wiifi means - it didn't exist in our room. We went to McDonalds to use free wiifi. The pool is really small and dirty. They advertise a poolside bar/snack - never open during our stay and didn't look like it had been used in months. The cafe was closed and look like it had been closed for months. Basically - the website is a big lie.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sleepybishop
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This is the most worst hotel EVER!!! Please read, and do not choose to stay at this hotel.... First when booking the rooms for our family trip, the front desk personnel could never send me a confirmation, their email was down and when I asked if they could at least send it to me by fax they said, "your reservation is confirmed I can give you a confirmation number"... REALLY... Day of check in, everything seemed a little wierd. Hotel lobby and hallways are very hot! The elevators are bouncy, and carpet is extremly dirty. First day at hotel ran smoothly, second morning we did not have ANY WATER, they kept stating this was a city issue, the entire Island did not have any water, which was a lie, because outside of our room people were using the washing machines just fine. Our room never was cleaned nor fresh towels were provided, I had to call twice to have housekeeping come. When they finally came, they knocked and stated, "You needed towels"....what a joke...
We decided to leave, we could not take a shower, use the sink nor toilet.... The front desk said we would get a discount, when checking out, they said our manager said it is not our fault for city water problems, and we had to pay half the day of our stay!!! Finally, went to a better hotel further down the Island which of course did have water, came to check my account the next day..... I was charged 2 full stays and half a day which I should only be charged one night period!!!! I can continue to say how crappy this hotel was..... but needless to say just do not stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Purple02_11
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My wife and I made reservations to stay here for four nights but checked out after the first after having "uneasy" feelings from the first night's stay. We chose this hotel based on some very positive reviews from this site. First, upon reaching the hotel, we found it difficult to find the entrance and parking area. The front desk duty person was less than friendly. I requested that instead of getting Choice Privilege points for our stay, I preferred Southwest Rapid Reward points since there was currently a promotion doubling the points. The front desk person did not know how that could be done so he called Choice Privleges while we were there. At the time, we did not get a satisfactory answer. The hotel is strangely arranged. The rooms are large and generally clean. We did notice some black marks in the carpet that might have been from tar. This could have been due to all the renovation that is going on in the hotel. We were also placed on the fourth floor which was very near the night club that had live music for 2-3 hrs. We did call the front desk with a concern for being placed on the same floor near the live music. They did agree to move us but since it was already late, we said we'd wait until the next morning. We also felt a little eery since we seemed to be the only ones at the hotel other than another couple that night and the parking garage level where we parked our car was not lighted nor was the entry door secured allowing people from the outside to enter freely 24 hours a day. I'm guessing this is probably due to the night club being on the fourth floor. Instead of moving to another room, we checked out the next morning and found another hotel. The front desk staff the next morning was much more friendly and had no problems with our checking out early. I did call Choice Privileges after returning home and it does appear that we will receive our Southwest Rapid Rewards Points. In conclusion, this facility did not end up being what I had perceived it was based on reviews I had read here. I suppose if we were more into the night club scene, we might have a more favorable opinion. Also, unlike most, in fact all of the Choice Hotel's where we've stayed in the past, this one does not provide even a continental breakfast. Maybe after all the renovation is completed it will be a more attractive place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple