“Unique Experience You Will Treasure!”
Review of Sandcastle Lessons

Sandcastle Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are pleased to be the Premier Sandcastle Lesson company in the USA and operate exclusively from the Pearl South Padre Hotel on South Padre Island, Texas. We can come to your location too! Our aim is to make your family vacation one remember, and WE SUPPLY EVERYTHING - you just bring your Smile, Water, Hat, and Sunblock. We recommend that you secure your booking BEFORE your visit - by e-mail, phone or text (please include your name if texting). Instructor Andy Hancock will be pleased to help you build the castles of your dreams using 3 simple steps and no previous experience or creative ability is necessary. Our job is to make sure that in one lesson you have all the skills and tools you will need for a lifetime of building on the beach. We don't watch the clock as we are too busy watching our clients have fun. Your 1 FREE full toolkit in included for the truly inspired! - See you on the beach on South Padre Island - The Sandcastle Capital of the World. #WeDontDoBoring
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We saw the reviews on trip advisor for sandcastle lessons and I was interested but not fully convinced it would be worth the money. I assure you it was! We are a family of eight visiting SPI for the first time to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary (along with our children and grand children). Our last day on the island we signed up for a lesson with Andy, thinking one hour would be enough. He was great with us! Ages 7 months to 47 - we all got individual attention. I was surprised that every member of the family thoroughly enjoyed themselves and was so engrossed with the lesson, we ended up staying for two hours! It was an experience we will never forget! Back home in Kansas we have been showing off pictures of our masterpieces we created (with a lot of help from Andy). Thank you so much for giving us this precious memory. We will be back, and we will definitely visit you again! If you go to SPI and don't get a lesson with Andy, you are missing out!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We (6 adults) decided this might be fun but had no idea how much we would all enjoy our sandcastle lessons. The instructor, Andy, was funny and made the experience great for all. We stood there with jaws dropped as Andy explained the process while creating sculptures right before us, like a magic trick. Then it was our turn. Within minutes we were stacking and carving our castles and each showed our individual personalities.

I would recommend d the two hour session because once you start creating you won't want to stop! Gather a group of friends and split the cost, it is well worth the price.

I also really liked that you build your castles on top of a barrel so those who aren't able to get up and down easily don't have to worry.

I highly recommend sandcastle lessons. We haven't stopped talking about our castles yet!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were in town for a "girlfriends' weekend" and picked up an advertisement. Going to sandcastle lessons was one of the best decisions we made! Andy is a great teacher, and a funny guy. We now have skillz to shock and amaze our children with the next time we take them to a beach!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A fun activity for the entire family. My 3 1/2 year old loved it. Fun for all ages and some great knowledge of building castles to have forever. Andy is super nice and helpful. Was great with kids and made everything fun. I would definitely recommend Andy to help with sand castle lessons. You will not regret it. You will always look back to south padre island and smile when building your next castles.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were looking for something different to do at SPI with my 6 year old granddaughter and was so glad we found Andy Hancock's sandcastle lessons. I had a blast as did my daughter in law and my granddaughter. Bring your camera because you will want to show off your artistic ability. Andy was personable and fun while my granddaughter was excited the entire time. So worth the money we paid and would love to go back for another lesson next year once I practice my techniques!

1  Thank Sylvia N