“So much fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandcastle Lessons

Sandcastle Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are pleased to be the premier sandcastle lesson company in the USA and operate from Boomerang Billy's beach Bar on South Padre Island. *PLEASE BOOK EARLY* Our aim is to make your family vacation one to remember, and we supply everything - you just bring your smile. We recommend that you secure your booking before your visit by e-mail, phone or text (please include your name if texting). (** we have a new booking engine on the site - Jan 2017 credit cards accepted) Instructor Andy Hancock will be pleased to help you build the castles of your dreams using 3 simple steps and no previous experience or creative ability is necessary. Our job is to make sure that in one lesson you have all the skills you will need for a lifetime of building on the beach. We don't watch the clock as we are too busy watching our clients have fun. We even include tools for the truly inspired! - See you on the best beach in Texas!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
South Padre Island, Texas
“So much fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My mum took lesson last year and recommended it. We went along and had a wonderful time my youngest was grumpy to start with but within five minutes Andy had him smiling and joining in. We left with new skills and have been making super sandcasles on the beach ever since.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carter C

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for the entire family! And then some....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Andy is fabulous! Well worth the $80 per hour spent. We had ages from 60+ down to 2years. You will definitely know how to build a professional looking sand sculpture. We bought tools and now my husband wants to make a big sand box in the back yard. The whole experience was quite entertaining, should have done it on the first day. Can't wait to see what we can impress the beachcombers with!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Thejaysextons
Boerne, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Family Experience With Andy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife, 5 year old daughter, and I visit South Padre Island often and were referred to Andy by our fishing guide Mark Guillot. We spent approx. 2 hours with Andy and our entire family had a great time. Andy is a great teacher and kept us laughing during our entire visit. My daughter had so much fun that she didn't want to leave and spent the rest of our trip building castles with the tools and training she received from Andy. Give Andy a call if you are on the island and are looking for a really fun family activity.

1 Thank Jeff B
san antonio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience - More Than Just Sandcastle Building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

While I had never built more than the standard "kid pail" sandcastle before, With Andy's teaching I was able to build a beautiful sand sculpture, that passers by stopped and admired. When I told them this was only my first sand sculpture, they were amazed. But more than sand sculptures, there is something more meaningful that I took away from the class that applies to other art, and life, and that is learning to take more bold risks.

1 Thank kkmuzic k
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Sandcastle Lessons...AGAIN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visited the island a few years ago and spent an afternoon with Andy building sandcastles. We had a lot of fun the first time. We came back to the island on our honeymoon a few weeks ago and visited Andy. He met us at his sandcastle area on the beach and we purchased some basic tools he uses when building. We spent a few hours out on the beach building and chatting. Although Andy is a local, he has spent a while in europe and his accent still shows through. Overall, it's Andy's personality and the relaxation of building sandcastles that brought us back. I would guess we'll be looking up Andy's phone number next time we're on the island. Great knowledgeable guy that's really into what he does.

1 Thank Lucas W