“Not a hotel but a motel”

South Padre Island Inn
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

they have free wi-fi but no computers for you to use. they have 0 premium channels like hbo. when you go to breakfast you don't have the option to make your own waffles. you have to ask them to do it for you. the electricity goes out on random occasions. we didn't have our room cleaned till after 3 pm. we left several times that day before we had to call down to see when they would actually clean it. They are stingy with toilet paper, we had to ask twice for some. I would never go back.

1 Thank Leandra c
Rosharon, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We booked 2 rooms. We were quoted one agreed upon price for our stay. Days before we were due to arrive we were quoted a price which was $40 more per room. This was resolved before we arrived. My friend's card was charged for the full price of her room before we arrived the day we were due to check in. When we reached the hotel I told the receptionist Lorraine that I know my credit card declined..let me give you another card because I was unaware that they would attempt to charge the card. She pointed to a sign that stated for declined cards reservations would be cancelled at 3pm. Of course it was after 3. I told her no one called and informed me of this so here's my card. She acted as if she was doing me a favor by allowing me to stay without this communication. She was extremly rude and agumentative. When we were pulling in we were hoping we were at the wrong hotel. It looked like a very sleezy rundown property. This is not a place you want to stay with your family. They seemed to be guarding the towels because we had to swap out towels to get new ones and it always seemed like a big deal. The waffles were good for breakfast and the jacuzzi and pool were a big hit with the kids. The rooms were stuffy and outdated. The bathroom was very small. The tub was stained. The wifi kept going in and out. Our toilet was not working as soon as we arrived. The maintenance man had to drive from Port Isabel to repair the toilet. This was not communicated to me until I called Lorraine a 2nd time. As stated in my title with this experience alone I will never stay at another Wyndam/Ramada property again.

1 Thank Tori C

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

South Padre Isl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Lorraine at the front desk is very rude. The bathroom is small. The tub was clogged and dirty. The walls are thin and they have toilet issues.

1 Thank Andrea T
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I took my family to the Ramada Limited on South Padre Island for our first vacation in several years. The photos were misleading and when we arrived, I did not believe this place was able to bear the Ramada name. We were urged by the lady at the front desk to "at least go and look at the room" before making judgement. We checked in and was short a towel. I sent one of the kids to the front to get another to at least have one for each person staying in the room and was told that "the man in there was rude". We went for a swim and I asked where the pool towels were and the man at the front told me to just use the shower towels from the room and bring in the wet ones to exchange for dry ones. After housekeeping made up the room the next day, we were again shorted. I went to the front desk and was told that we would only get 3 a day and would need to come to the front desk every day to get a fourth. We found waterbugs (hopefully. They may have been roaches) in the room and brought one home by accident in one of the kids bags.
We ended up cutting our losses and cut our trip to Padre short. We had a delightful stay the rest of the week at the Drury Inn in San Antonio and salvaged the rest of the week.
There were some rough looking people hanging around the housekeepers while they cleaned the rooms and I did not feel safe leaving my belongings in the room when I was not in it. We packed up all of our electronics and valuables when we drove to the beach and to dinner.
The mini fridge smelled like someone vomited in it and the air conditioner rattled like it had loose parts in it.
I would not recommend this room to whoever broke into my house when I was a kid or to the inventor of smallpox because they do not deserve to stay there....

2 Thank Jason B
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ramada is expensive compared to nearby hotels. Stay was good.Room was okay.I would recommend staying in hotels nearby beach if you really want to enjoy beach view. Everything rest was average. Breakfast was Good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple