“Don't do it!”

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Granbury, Tx
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed April 30, 2006

1st thing when we got there they were advertising a lower price than what we paid and lied to us, said it was invalid for our stay, rate stayed posted more than $10 a night less than what we paid all except the last night we were there.
Contiental breakfast consisted of coffee (powdered creamer & sugar), bagels (no cream cheese) marg/jam, powered & choc donuts & oj.
The room appeared clean until we took off our shoes and walked around then the souls of our feet were black as coal! Texture was falling from the bathroom ceiling.
On our 3rd day there my sd card and reader were stolen from the room. When I reported it to the desk they were barely concerned. When I checked back to see if they had spoken to the staff I was treated as though I had done something wrong! The last day we were there I put on the jacket I had on the day it went missing from my laptop and it was magically in my pocket! Bad for them since the day it went missing was chilly and I had my hands in my pockets most of the day!!! An apology would have gone a long way. The day after the thieft, our room was not made up, sheets were left on one chair and towels left on the other, we got back to the room after 7pm so I just made up the beds myself.
The pool needs a paint job and repair as does the hot tub. The pool side furnature has been repainted recently :)
This hotel needs some serious staff training (English classes would be nice! This is the USA we speak english here!) carpets steamed clean and repairs.

There was one really nice fellow that worked in the early morning hours (set out the breakfast), HE was always pleasant and did try to help us when we told him of an issue.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank loni1127

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed March 10, 2006

We stayed at the Days Inn for 5 nights. It was great, the rooms clean, service was excellent. We were there during spring break, we wanted to stay another night, it wasnt a problem. The mangers on duty several time recomomend great pizza places around the island. We were staying at America's best Value Inn. That was a dump, dont waste your money. With only a few hours notice the Days Inn,worked us in. GReat job guys.

• Stayed March 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2005

Stay was fine until check out. We paid cash for the room and were charged on our C.C. Mgr/owner stated that he could not find any discrepancies. We paid over $400.00 for two nights. We will not return.

• Stayed June 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Reviewed April 19, 2004

My husband and I stayed one night and almost decided to stay two. The bed was great the cost was wonderful. The staff was nice.. and recommended a great resturant. We enjoyed our stay..

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 11, 2004

This hotel sucked. We had reserved the room months in advance when we arrived the lady could not find our reservations so she called a 800 number and sure enough there we were. So anyways we got a handycap room with the shower only about 4 ft tall and we are both over 5 ft. We met some people outside at the pool and we had a few beers in our room, we left and so did our guests. We were not gone very long and was walking to our room and there were the two guys we were drinking beer with....
they were in our room!!!!!!!! We asked them how they got in and they said they got a key from the guy at the desk.!!! If we were gone any longer we probally would have had all of our stuff stolen!! After that we stored all stuff in the car. So we talked to the guy at the desk and he told us that they said they knew us and they needed to get in to the room. I was like wow!!! Never again will I go to this hotel. Also way to far from the beach!!!

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member