“Never Never stay here should not be able to call it a Days Inn”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here one night when we first got to Padre this place is a pit. I would not take off my shoes in the room it was so dirty. The pool is a joke. They should not be able to use the name Days Inn.Do not go here you will not like it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank marmil59

Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andres R
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spent two weeks here in February. The staff was courteous and helpful. There were
many Winter Texans here and we experienced only one noisey night. The breakfast area is much too small.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our 5th stay on the Island. The room was big, clean & quiet & included two queen beds, table & chair, refrig., microwave, coffee pot & coffee. I must say that we especially appreciated staff member "Ian" because we couldn't get the internet to work so he spent some time helping there. We couldn't get the remote to work so he came right to the room to bring us another one. He was most helpful, concerned about our comfort & needs as guests. There are repairs needed in the bathroom area due to water damage but overall our stay was great. We got the winter bargain rate. We enjoyed the breakfast bar - very well done. We will be back next winter (Winter Texans) & will stay longer.

1  Thank JreimWinterTX
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Reviewed February 6, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I only paid 33.00 plus tax for my room so it was a bargain. This is a slightly older property but the room itself was very clean. I was in the office the evening of my stay and they were quoting 99.00. I would have felt ripped off if I had paid that much. The exterior, the common areas, sidewalks etc could use a good scrubbing and overall exterior cleanup. Lots of trash everywhere, broken lawn furniture and broken ice machines. If the exterior was cleaned up I would have given this 4 stars because of the price I paid.

Room Tip: I didnt stay there but I would avoid rooms near the one working ice machine. Seemed very loud to me...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tangojohnDallas
DaysInn M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel . We use these comments to see how we can continue to improve our hotel. I will use these comments to address our staff on how our guest's are experiencing a stay at Days Inn. Please continue to stay with us on your next visit. I am sure you will see that we have addressed your comments.

David Mejorado