“Seafood with a Mexican Flare”
Review of Cap'n Roy's

Cap'n Roy's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Atlanta, Georgia
“Seafood with a Mexican Flare”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Small cozy restaurant right on Padre Boulevard. The menu has a bit of seafood and mexican to choose from. Great atmosphere for lunch.

• Visited March 2013

Skowhegan, Maine
“Best seafood we had on the island.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Cap'n Roy's is a small restaurant right on Padre Boulevard, has off street parking but no scenic view. Most tables are for four. The main room has fishing decor and photos and I believe a bar. We ate in the front "porch" room. The service was prompt and pleasant, the table nicely appointed and the restaurant very clean. My husband ordered the oysters and says they were excellent, better than another restaurant with excellent reviews.
The grilled shrimp was juicy, nicely seasoned and there were about 8 shrimp, I think. Their zumi salad is like a lightly sauced cole slaw and is excellent. I encourage anyone to eat here for lunch or dinner.

Arlington, Texas
“Good casual place with good seafood”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our party of two couples were there in February so it was still too cool to eat at beach or open restaurants. So we relied on the good trip advisor reviews here and were led to a good place!
We were seated near the front windows where we could watch the people on the street as we dined. The menu had some interesting shrimp dishes we had not seen elsewhere. I like Cevice - fish and shrimp tossed in tomato, onion, spice and hot pepper mixture with the dressing "cooking" the seafood. But as you can figure, fresh ingredients are a MUST. So I ordered their selection which came in a bowl, covered with guacamole and with chips. Being a large guy the others in our party said I would not have enough to eat. But the serving was just right and I can say it was quite fresh and prepared in an excellent dressing. I did find a bite or two quite hot when I found a larger piece of the hot pepper - but most people like a little "heat". I recommend it.
The others in our party had the fried stuffed crab. One of the group is a critical judge of food and even he was pleased with the meal.
We were pleased with the good memu selections and the variety and quality of the food and drink. The prices were such that you could try even one of the more exotic dishes at a reasonable causal dining price.
All four of us would recommend the restaurant and would return next time we are in South Padre. If you have not tried Cevice, here is the place to start.

• Visited February 2013
El Paso
“Shrimp diablita superb”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Their award winning shrimp is worth the visit. Fumi salad of cabbage, sesame seed and slivered almonds with light dressing is wonderful. Skip and baked potato. Service okay.

Rochester, Minnesota
“Shrimp like no other”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A shrimp diablo dish--taste of Heaven! Shrimp with pineapple cream cheese and jalapeños wrapped in bacon. Outstanding! My husband had Mexican and said it wasn't any better than what he gets back home