“Good food at reasonable prices, but no ambiance.”
Review of Cap'n Roy's

Cap'n Roy's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am surprised this restaurant ranks so highly on Trip Advisor. Had dinner there tonight - fish tacos and shrimp tacos were fine, and at $9.95 each, I can't complain at the bill. Wine list is very limited, and ambiance is non-existent. Missed the Ritas and bay view you get at other local restaurants for the same price (or slightly more for shrimp, I admit). Not likely to become one of our regular eateries while we're on the island.

1  Thank Bankerboy1947
There are newer reviews for Cap'n Roy's

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I met some people down in South Padre Island and they said we HAD to go to Cap'n Ron's to try their award winning shrimp dish. So we went to give it a try and it was DELICIOUS! I think the name was carbonitas diabolitas (I'm sure this is wrong, but you don't need to know the name.) It was grilled shrimp, wrapped with pineapple cream cheese, jalapeños, bacon, and some type of sauce. OMG - I am a picky eater and I loved it. You must give it a try!

1  Thank Teresa J
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Cap'n Roy's is a wonderful place to take the family to eat. They have a wonderful selection of food on the menu for the seafood lovers or you can have Mexican food. The food is wonderful and the service is fantastic. Our family will definitely go there again on our next visit to the island.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We ate here twice and each got our favorite both times. My wife's grilled shrimp tacos were excellent (I had to eat one of hers because the serving was so large.) Mine was the Carbonita Diabolita-shrimp stuffed with jalapeno and pineapple cream cheese, then wrapped in bacon and grilled. Match with a baked potato and it's outstanding. Great service from the cute and always smiling waitresses ("reel nice" the sign says.) Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very good local choice that we have been overlooking, but we won't any more. I had the shrimp tacos and they were very good. Took quite a bit home. Friendly service. Looking forward to going back to try the blackened seafood soup. Prices are very reasonable.