“Great value for your money.”
Review of Cap'n Roy's

Cap'n Roy's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We ate there several times with my wife and son. They are busy so you can expect a short wait. We ordered the special Fried seafood platter @ $8.95 (normaly $12.95) on Monday and was amazed at the size of the fish. It was fresh and cooked well. Went back later that week and had grilled fish and shrimp. I liked grilled even better. It is a casual dining experience with reasonable prices and generous portions. Best value on island.

1  Thank Desparado58

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We saw great reviews for this resturant, so we decided to check it out. The food was only OK. We had a party of 5 (parents and 3 kids) and were charged 15% gratuity plus our server charged us for stuff we didn't order. If you go, order the fish tacos, which were the best thing we had there.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were looking for a good seafood place on SPI without having to pay a fortune. This was a good choice. Food was good. My son had the grilled fish plate and finished it off quick. The fumi salad is delicious...a nice change from regular cole slaw. Cheese enchiladas also got a thumbs up as well as the shrimp tacos. I had the bacon wrapped shrimp. I would rather see these as an appetizer rather than a meal. They are good, but I would prefer less BBQ sauce and leaner bacon. I did enjoy the baked potato. Waitress was friendly. Took a while to get the food, but we came to expect that on the island! Overall, good food and a good value.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Great service and great food!! The staff was prompt and polite and , my family and I can not wait to go back and visit on our next trip down south! This place is very clean but don't expect anything fancy its all about the food here. Very, very, nice, clean, simple and welcoming place!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were at SPI for 3 days and wanted to eat at a local restaurant. Cap'n Roy's had excellent food and service and the owner was right there telling us how much he appreciated our business. They have a very wide selection including some TX favorites as well as seafood and Mexican. We like it so much that we went back for a second time. Prices are very reasonable.