“Awesome fish tacos”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This had to have been the best fish tacos I have ever had. The blend of flavors was wonderful in the mouth. Even though they blended well you could still separate the flavors out in your mouth. Went in the evening and sat out on the dock area. Very nice. Appearances can be deceiving. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's whats inside that counts.

There are newer reviews for Palm Street Pier Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Palm Street for over five years and have seen it take a downward sprial several years ago. However, there is now a new manager, Dave, who has really but an effort it making the Palm Street Pier a place you want to visit, return to and tell your friends about.

The staff are all great, very friendly and always ready to take your order. They ensure you have whatever you need by checking on you periodically but not enough to be annoying.

The entertainment that Dave now has playing is mostly local but always the best available. Besides the great setting on the Laguna with fabulous sunsets, the atmosphere is relaxed and inviting.

If you have never been there, or have not been there lately, I highly recommend that you take the time to visit it. You will be glad that you did.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the best place to have coconut shrimp on SPI and it is the Wednesday lunch special! About 6-7 good sized shrimp that are perfectly prepared and So delicious. You also have your choice of real fries or grilled vegetables with a Texas-type seasoning that is very tasty but not hot-spicy. If the weather is good we eat on the attached wharf right on the Laguna Madre. The tables are wire patio-type, some in better condition than others, but that is part of the on-the-water atmosphere. And there was live entertainment that day. Very reasonable prices, very casual.

1  Thank Marianne T
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm a 23 year old engineer from Houston. One of my coworkers was getting married in SPI, so several of us were down there for the weekend. We decided to go out to eat at Palm Street Pier. As soon as we arrived the owner insisted we sit outside by the water, away from the live band. The 4 of us got margaritas and 4 shrimp samplers. The waitress was unattentant and took forever to bring our food and drinks. The margaritas were poorly made, watery and extremely salty. We asked for water to go along with our meal, which we never got.

When the check came, we each put 2 credit cards on the check with the expectation it would be split. The owner, who we had not seen the whole time, came and was extremely rude saying, "Come on guys! You know I can't do that. You think I have the technology to split checks? What? Y'all can't do the math? Geez". I was extremely blown away at how rude he was, he could have simply asked for one credit card, but instead felt the need to insult us as if we should have known better.

I will never go back to that place. I hope the owner takes a hint and treats his patrons better.

2  Thank Eric S
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food is good - be sure to try to Captain Morgan shrimp. $3.25 margaritas par excellence. Shrimp dishes fresh and well-prepared (not all battered and fried). Just toss that horseradish into the seafood sauce and voila! remoulade sauce!