“Best fish I ever had in my life, service was kinda slow”

Palm Street Pier Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dallas, Texas
“Best fish I ever had in my life, service was kinda slow”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went here in July 2011 and the pollock was absolutely delicious!! It was the best fish I have ever had. The only problem we had was that the service was slow. It took us a long time to get our food too, but it was worth it.

• Visited December 2011

Boonville, Missouri
“Great bayside restaurant/bar”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have been customers of this place for several years, but it is under new management and it is even better than ever. The food is much fresher, drinks are more flavorful and the service the best you can get anywhere.Expect
Dave the manager to come and personally visit you. Especially good are the shrimp. He gets them fresh off the boat from friends in the business and it shows.
Great dinner for about 12 bucks. The fish is done perfectly, and nothing tastes greasy. The atmosphere is fantastic, be sure to stay for the sunsets over the bay.
The place is quaint, and you expect Jimmy Buffet to come out of the back at any time. Enjoy.

• Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“This place is understated--a hidden gem!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I went to the Palm Street Pier on a whim on our first visit to South Padre Island. We went for lunch. The seating along the bay was beautiful, and allowed for a relaxing and dare I say romantic lunch with my wife.

We ordered the seafood-stuffed shrimp which were absolutely amazing! My wife and I were absolutely stunned by the taste and sheer size of the appetizer. This was a meal in itself. However, we both went on to order entrees. I had the fish and shrimp platter with cole slaw and potato salad. My wife went the blackened shrimp tacos. Both of our entrees were dead on, and very filling. The blackened shrimp were well seasoned without losing the taste of the shrimp. My fish were cooked to perfection (fried, hard to mess up, but still...) and very filling.

I would highly recommend trying this place for lunch or dinner along the bay. The prices are very reasonable and the service is excellent. During the evening, the also provide live entertainment (usually someone playing piano or guitar), which is a nice touch without being overbearing. The true draw, though, is the view of the bay.

• Visited October 2012
San Antonio, TX
“excellent”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Delicious shrimp, fish and excellent oyster po' boy sandwich. Reasonable prices, nice wait staff and comfortable dining on the bay. We will definitely dine there again.

1 Thank bellaspasm
Dallas, Texas
“On the beach”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

What a great afternoon on the patio for lunch. Sea breeze and wonderful food. This restaurant is very competitive with any place in Dallas. Homemade potato chips, really good salads, and one of the best burgers on the island. Breakfast is suppose to be good so next trip we will check it out. We love everything!

Visited September 2012