“Great place, great food, Amazing sunsets”

Palm Street Pier Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I LOVE their grilled mahi-mahi fish tacos with grilled veggies on the side. I've been coming here for several years, through two owners, and it's still good. The menu is consistently good and the service is good as well. Great place to watch the sunset over the bay.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Each time we vacation in South Padre we visit Palm St. In prior years it was for the music and views but this year I was impressed with the food! Our group of five all enjoyed our food. This is not a fancy place, and frankly they could use an upgrade in furnishings. Our server was ok, but I have found servers work on "Island Time" in most beach towns.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This place has great atmosphere but that's it. Food was ok, service was terrible. It took over 2 hours to get food then they forgot one order. There is much better places.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I used to live on the island and after trying the food from all the restaurants I found this one to have the best raw oysters! They're even on special on Tuesdays I think!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This place has an awesome atmosphere. They would probably have happier customers IF they greeted and seated them promptly. When we got there, there were plenty of open tables on the pier, but hadn't been cleared. It took quite some time for one to be cleared. DON"T DRINK THE TAP WATER! My husband asked for some water with ice while we waited, but I think they got it from the water off the pier. He was expecting to see either a fish swimming around in it. It tasted like fish water. The food was okay. If you can spare a few hours for dinner... then, this won't be so bad for you. Also, if you want to make sure they don't forget about you, then sit closer to the bar.