“nice ride”

Captain Murphy's Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated since since 1961. We are located on South Padre Island, TX. We provide deep sea fishing trips going out 20-30 miles out. Our specialty is Red Snapper, Other fish caught are Grouper, Amberjack, Dorado, Shark and Kingfish according to season.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“nice ride”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went out on the 4 hour bay fishing trip yesterday. Not much luck fishing...my husband caught a small one that had to go back and I fed the fish all my bait (usual for me). Out of 9 people only 2 fish were keepers. But....it was a beautiful day, we saw dolphins and the ride was very enjoyable. I would do it again....maybe better luck with fish next time. Also the crewhand was very helpful. ...just unco-operative fish.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank terdan

Rockford, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Poor Trip”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was our first time there and was highly disappointed. The weather called for 3 to 5 foot waves and we were in 6 to 12 waves and swells. Needless to say, the captain kept on going out when 10 out of 22 people were sick, included one of his own crew, with 7 of them unable to fish. This boat should have never gone out if they were truly concerned for the safety and wellness of their patrons. We had elders as well as children. I fish all the time on the Great Lakes and had never had such an awful time as this. Fishing was poor due to the constant moving because we could not stay anchored. I would just double check YOURSELF regarding the weather before going out and make sure they are very low waves forecasted because that is the only way you will be able to enjoy this kind of trip.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank SoccerMomx1
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great experiance and great people”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was on the Thunderbird on Tues 01/01/14. It was the best experiance on a party boat ever, limited out with four red snappers in less than one hour. The crew was exceptional and did a great job. I will strongly reccomend them. Hey capt. Murphy this is Chicago writing this review.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Julio L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great family fishing”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took our 4 (almost 5) year old on a 4 hour bay fishing trip. We were impressed with both our fishing experience and how well the crew interacted with our son. We had a great time and caught lots of fish. We will be using them again next time we are in the area.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ffjohn2818
Edinburg, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a great time, caught a lot of fish.. If you have younger children or those who might be taken in with sea sickness try dramamine or ginger!!

WORTH THE MONEY!