“Perfect outing!”

Captain Murphy's Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated since since 1961. We are located on South Padre Island, TX. We provide deep sea fishing trips going out 20-30 miles out. Our specialty is Red Snapper, Other fish caught are Grouper, Amberjack, Dorado, Shark and Kingfish according to season.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Lost count of the dolphins! Great crew, beautiful setting, wonderful family fun! Will definitely do this again!!

There are newer reviews for Captain Murphy's Fishing Charters

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my wife's and my first fishing trip together and we enjoyed the helpful crew of Justin and Kono who helped us with baiting our hooks and landing our catches. 'Fuzzy' also helped with advice on holding the rod and reeling in our catch which made us more successful in catching the Amberjack and Shark we caught. All in all an experience I'd repeat but with trying the Laguna Madre trip next time.

2  Thank john k
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Booked 8hr off-shore trip 7-31-12, about an hour out we started fishing for sharks behind shrimp boats, we limited out and stated fish for king fish and did so so (about 5 landed)
after that we bottom fished for grouper but we caught the biggest red snapper and amberjack i have seen (i fish the pan handle of Florida all the time) but they are out of season
Capt. Patrick and his crew were great with everyone (kids included)
i will come back for Red Snapper!

1  Thank TNBAMAFAN
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've fished in the Laguna Madre before on other charters, but I have to say that Captain Murphy's "Bottom Out Too" is one of the cleanest boats that does that itinerary. The head was operating properly, plenty of TP and hand sanitizer as there was no sink.

The equipment was first-rate. Many of the boats plying the Laguna have terrible rods, but the ones on "Bottom Out Too" were almost new and appeared to be made to Murphy's specifications as they bore his name.

The crew were delightful, extremely personable and very helpful. I enjoyed their cheerful attention.

I am very picky about which company I choose to fish with as I enjoy the experience of being out on the water on a boat as much as I do catching fish. This company filled both needs and did it quite well.

4  Thank kelliepoodle
Reviewed July 24, 2012

me and my friends went fishing and had fun we got fish and had fun with the crew i would recomend bay fishing at captain murphy's the only thing i was dissapointed in was when i had asked the captain if he could get me some bait he never responded the two deck hands were assisting others the captain stayed texting and said thats not my job thats why i got two deckhands for and never helped out as for the deck hands good job keep it up guys

2  Thank rose d