“Expect to get a lot of sun”

More attraction details
Owner description: This 1,500-foot boardwalk crosses four acres of marshland, where bird watchers can spot many coastal and migratory birds and numerous others tempted by the berries on the fiddlewood bushes along the trail
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I took our 3 children here( ages 10 - 15). It was a nice walk, but there is no shade available until you get to the bird bind building at the end of the path. You can sit here and enjoy the view, water, and birds. The cute thing is that there is a sign that says :Watch out for alligators, so we were on the lookout and joked about it for the rest of the day. Fun free activity, but expect to leave with a suntan.

There are newer reviews for Laguna Madre Nature Trail

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Laguna Madre Nature Trail is one of my absolutely favorite things to do on the island. It is a great place to take kids, it's free, and every time we go, we experience something new. To get to the trail, turn in to the Convention Center, and the Nature Trail is on the left. My favorite time to go is near sunset. The sunset over the silvery waters of the Laguna is beautiful, the breeze is pleasant, and the animals seem to be out and about. Last night, we saw a Mama Duck leading her five little babies across the water and a school of fish circling like they were on a merry-go-round. Other times we have watched crabs and an assortment of birds, and we are always on the lookout for the alligators who are reported to make their residence there. I definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Nanette M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Take some water with you...it got hot out there. ake sure to bring your camera as the birds were fantastic looking

1  Thank Mark I
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place while doing conservation work with shore birds. There is a Birding center that seemed to have a lot of interested things in it. I didn't get to enjoy it though, I was hoping to go back but my conservation experience turned out to be a disaster and I had to leave the area. With what I saw there were several different bird species. Mostly seagulls & Terns. So you will probably see something when you go. The birding center was a nice place to go rest and get out of the heat. Next to this is a Beach Area where people drove their cars out on. & there were also a few hotels across the way. Seems like a great place so I hope one day to go back.

1  Thank Butterflykey
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Even if you have just 20 minutes, stop by for a quick walk. We saw an alligator and many birds. Definatly worth the visit.

1  Thank ru2020bmb