New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great! and easy access to the Beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf View II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Padre Island
Gulf View II
You added Gulf View II to your Saves list
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Austin, Texas
“Great! and easy access to the Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We rented Condo #112. This trip was very last minute. We booked the place on a Thursday afternoon and our plans to travel to SPI were for Friday. The process was easy and Dan was very helpful and easy to work with, the payment method was easy-although we are still waiting for some stuff to settle in the next couple of days, mainly its my fault for not asking, to make things short, please pay with a CC. The decor was great, it really did look like the pictures on the website. I loved the fact that the place was literally less than 1min walking distance to the beach! And we didn’t have to pay an extra fee for parking.

The condo was well maintained although there were only about 1-2 things that needed repair (I still need to tell the owner about it). I think that the previous renter/cleaning personnel did not clean the place properly. I did find a couple of dirty dishes but it was ok because i didn’t mind cleaning them-i was going to clean them before use anyway just for my own peace of mind. Some of the face towels smelled kind of mildewish but that was ok because I always bring my own when I travel.

I loved the fact that the rooms have codes to get in-that way you don’t have to worry about carrying/loosing a key. The balcony area was ok, since I was in the 1st floor it made me a bit paranoid that someone might climb in and try to get in-but that’s just me. But a good thing about that was that we would park our vehicle right outside our balcony and we would bring things in to the condo by the balcony area.

The AC system works very good too. One thing that I sort of didn’t like was how high the tub is from the floor, I almost fell trying to get out, I didn’t realize how high it was. There aren’t really a lot or restaurants near by, just the one that’s by the beach-the one that’s by the Schlitterbahn resort, which was awful by the way. But for us that was ok because the whole point of us getting a condo was for us to stay in and cook, which we did! Oh and the kitchen has everything, no need to bring pans or spoons, they even have a crock-pot and pans to make cupcakes! The place where you go to do the dolphin watch is so close to the condo you can walk to it.

All in all it was a great experience and I loved the Condo! I will definitely go back and would not rent anywhere else! (Unless this was not available ☹)

Room Tip: Please pay by CC when booking the place. Bring ext a towels and extra trash bags.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Cvega2011

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I just rented # 311 me and my family had a nice stay, the view of schliterbahn and the beach was nice. The condo was well maintained and the rental company was very helpful.The name of the rental company was south padre rentals, located on kingfish street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Rodney K
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I don't remember the room number but the hotel was amazing. Amazing view of the beach from the balcony, walking distance to the beach with showers to wash off the sand. If you don't feel like swimming in the ocean there are 2 pools(1 with a bar) Oh I can't forget about the tennis courts.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Solana O
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Solana O
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rented 405 for me and my husband for 6 days. It's perfect size for a couple. It was very clean and walking distance from beach. The guy we rented from was so helpful and very kind . He emailed us a list of things to do and great places to eat. I definitely recommend this place !!! Great price!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Laelza
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked unit 108 thru rentsouthpadreisland.com. The condo had everything from a well stock kitchen to beach toys and reading material. Dan sent us all the information via email and was able to accommodate an extra day, so my husband would not spend Father's Day on the road. Would highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: if you have small children this room is perfect because is on the first floor and will not disturb...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gabriela B
Spooner, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We happened upon this place after many trial and errors through other places to find a rental. My boyfriend found it on www.rentsouthpadreisland.com and he said the guy was great to work with. We were excited to have found the place and excited for some sun and a relaxing time.

Unfortunately, this place did seem more like a hotel, it did not feel homey at all. The beds were SUPER uncomfortable. There were no working lights, we had to eat dinner on stools one night huddled underneath the oven lamp....not romantic at all....

We were told we would have a water view, UH NO....there was NO water view, this was a parking lot view. There were NO extras, no chairs towels, etc. We had to buy EVERYTHING, it just seemed so stale and boring. We would not stay again and wish we had looked into it a little bit more. Beach access was easy but there was LOTS of construction beneath us and at Shlitterbahn so it was just frustrating. I'm easy going as is my boyfriend but this was just not a match made

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple