“Just amazing.”
Review of Gulfview II

Gulfview II
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I don't remember the room number but the hotel was amazing. Amazing view of the beach from the balcony, walking distance to the beach with showers to wash off the sand. If you don't feel like swimming in the ocean there are 2 pools(1 with a bar) Oh I can't forget about the tennis courts.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Solana O

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rented 405 for me and my husband for 6 days. It's perfect size for a couple. It was very clean and walking distance from beach. The guy we rented from was so helpful and very kind . He emailed us a list of things to do and great places to eat. I definitely recommend this place !!! Great price!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laelza
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked unit 108 thru rentsouthpadreisland.com. The condo had everything from a well stock kitchen to beach toys and reading material. Dan sent us all the information via email and was able to accommodate an extra day, so my husband would not spend Father's Day on the road. Would highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: if you have small children this room is perfect because is on the first floor and will not disturb...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gabriela B
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We happened upon this place after many trial and errors through other places to find a rental. My boyfriend found it on www.rentsouthpadreisland.com and he said the guy was great to work with. We were excited to have found the place and excited for some sun and a relaxing time.

Unfortunately, this place did seem more like a hotel, it did not feel homey at all. The beds were SUPER uncomfortable. There were no working lights, we had to eat dinner on stools one night huddled underneath the oven lamp....not romantic at all....

We were told we would have a water view, UH NO....there was NO water view, this was a parking lot view. There were NO extras, no chairs towels, etc. We had to buy EVERYTHING, it just seemed so stale and boring. We would not stay again and wish we had looked into it a little bit more. Beach access was easy but there was LOTS of construction beneath us and at Shlitterbahn so it was just frustrating. I'm easy going as is my boyfriend but this was just not a match made

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A K
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Gulfview II, condo 110 for 5 nights. This was a change in plans from Alabama to SPI due to hurricane Isaac. Due to the short notice in making the reservation, there were a few bumps along the way in payment process because of Paypal which was handled very professionally, courteously, and finally resolved!!
The condo itself is well maintained, was clean with a kitchenette much larger than I had expected. The pool is huge!!
Bonuses to the rental was a full size frig, paperback books if desired, a selection of movies and beach chairs and umbrella for use on the beach.
The beach is just a short distance away. The only negative is one of our beach towels was stolen off the balcony which may be due to all the construction next door for the sclitterban.
We loved our time there and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank dsvilla
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I just returned from a stay in the studio 301 rented by Peg's Padre in Gulfview II. It was a great experience. It was the first vacation I've taken as an "adult" so I wanted it to be perfect - the owners of these rentals were SO helpful. They were quick to answer every question I had (and I had lots) and give recommendations, even showed up in person to help when we couldn't find the beach due to some construction! Very high level of personal service.

Room was very cute, clean and comfortable. The room is stocked with very useful stuff - full set dishes/glasses, nice cooler, beach chairs and toys. We flew in so having these things in the room saved us a lot of money and hassle! They had plenty of chairs on the balcony which overlooks Schlitterbahn waterpark, we spent a lot of time out there. It felt much more homey and comfortable than a chain hotel w/no kitchen would have. Bed was firm but actually really comfortable, especially the sheets/bedclothes, they were very soft. Shower was great too.

The pool at the Gulfview is absolutely wonderful as well, much bigger than I expected from the pictures, very clean and nice surrounding area. The whole place was just nice. Walk to the beach is short, easy, and paved. Building is very easy to find coming from the bridge, and is very near some good spots like Gabriella's and Dirty Al's.

I would definitely recommending renting from the people at Peg's Padre. If I return to SPI I will definitely rent with them again! I really can't find anything to complain about. The only bummer was the road this building is off of tended to flash flood a bit during the rain, but if you are able to wait it out the water did tend to go down, but if you have a truck or SUV it'd be better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mandyx123
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at the Gulfview II, Room 110, and booked through VRBO at http://www.vrbo.com/93516, but the owner has her own website as well at www.pegspadregetaway.com/ The condo was well maintained and the kitchen/bar area was a bit roomier than the pictures indicate on the website. The location is a very short walk to the beach. We also appreciated the extra beach supplies in the room. They provide two beach chairs, a tarp, beach umbrella, boogie boards and assorted sand toys plus a cart. The owner was very accessible and ready to answer any questions we had about the unit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family