“Agree-Better than expected”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sonora
El Campo, Texas
“Agree-Better than expected”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It seemed like all the hotels in this area were overpriced. Once we were there however, we were satisfied with the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. My mini-fridge didn't get very cold, but I didn't complain to the front desk cause it wasn't that big of a deal. The room could use a little more lighting too, but all in all I would definitely stay here again. It's close to all the restaurants in this town and we visited the discount store next door a few times too since we were here for a week.

Room Tip: Another room in our block seemed to have an older A/C unit and smelled musty, if you get a room like...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lauren05_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went with the Extended King room and the bed was great! The shower head is nice we love that you have so many options now. It was really clean and comfortable. It is walking distance to a restaurant. The staff is great - everyone was really nice. It's only a 15 minute drive to the caverns.

• Stayed August 2012
Claremont, California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel was a fine one night stop while on the road, though it was a little more expensive than it should have been. The room was clean and nice, but it wasn't anything special. Our TV wasn't working, so we had to get the front desk to help. She was really nice, but had to get maintenance to help. Eventually he just brought us a new TV. They were all really, really nice, but it was still an inconvenience that took over an hour to sort out. In the mean time, we were really bored, and the wifi wasn't very good, plus there really isn't anything to do in Sonora in the evening. Eventually the TV problem was fixed and we were happy. That was honestly the only snag we had our whole road trip from CA to FL, so it was a memorable issue. I wouldn't rave about the breakfast like some others, though I did like the option of cinnamon flavored waffle mix. yum.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The only thing I can say that's a shame about this wonderful hotel is that it's too bad there aren't more like it. OK, here are several adjectives to describe in a nut shell. Spotless, Organized, Professional, Detailed, Landscaped, Relaxing, Functional, Restful, Delicious and the list goes on... If you happen to be passing through Sonora, Texas do yourself a favor and time it right to stay overnight there, you will not regret it for a second.

Room Tip: I would assume that all rooms are consistently perfect
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Blues Traveler M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great stay.Super clean and friendly staff. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Soft biscuits, now that's rare. I wanted to just kick back and stay another day, just to be pampered!! What is it with the 200 word minimum TA. I see reviews much shorter than mine. I have said all there is to say.

Room Tip: All the rooms were quiet and I stayed on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Richmond
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice place to stay. everything was clean and everyone was helpful. Use travel guide coupon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I were heading west on I10 on our trip to New Mexico. We'd left early to get a head start. It was getting late and I used Tripadvisor to locate a place in the nearest city...Sonoma. I called and the front desk clerk was so nice. I got the last room. When we arrived my key was waiting. The room was CLEAN and the bed slept great! The morning breakfast was great too! Eggs, bacon and waffles... Pretty good variety of items for a "free breakfast". I highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Sonora? Share your experiences!