“Intimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caverns of Sonora

Caverns of Sonora
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Sonora
More attraction details
Owner description: The Caverns of Sonora is a National Natural Landmark and ranks as one of the most beautiful show caves in the world.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Intimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

As I was making my way along Texas' 7 show caves, The Caverns of Sonora was the 6th on my list and it didn't disappoint. With our great guide, Dee, she made it fun and very educational. This is not a very "spacious" cavern. It is more intimate with formations so close at one point you have to turn and walk sideways to avoid them. Thousands of Helictites were in this cavern, many more than I think you'll see anywhere else in TX.

1 Thank EvanC108

Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Well worth the drive from DFW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a beautiful sight to behold! The caverns were amazing and breathtaking. I thoroughly enjoyed my tour with Betsy. It was very well organized and informational. I feel like I got my money's worth on this 2 hour tour. I stayed the weekend in Fredericksburg, so it only took me 2 hours to get to Sonora from there. I highly recommend viewing this natural wonder for yourself and the homemade fudge in the gift shop is good too!

1 Thank ToothTickler68
New Braunfels, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Cavernous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

A bit pricey at $20/adult, but we liked it. The 1H45M tour was a bit redundant with a lot of stairs. Still, beautiful formations close enough to really view, and well guided. There were 11 in our group (2 boys about 10 liked it), yet we did not seem crowded. It is humid, but not hot.

1 Thank dalwad
boerne tx
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“unique feature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

this is my number 3 of the best caverns this cave has one of the most unique features i have seen in any cave the butterfly crystal it looks like its name a beautiful glassy white butterfly carved by nature the only kick is the humidity but its well worth the trip its along interstate 10 just look for the signs

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful cave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This cave was beautiful! Our guide, Bill, took us on a wonderful tour! There are a lot if steps, but I am out of shape and managed them fine. The humidity was significant, but it was well worth it! The beautiful formations and the ability to walk through beautiful rooms was outstanding! It is a trek, but did not disappoint!

Visited July 2013