“OK place”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sonora
Port Orange, Florida
“OK place”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This was a OK place to stay. They did have room for my truck and trailer to park. The only rooms available were second floor and there were some unsavory types below us ( the only place we were uncomfortable on our trip ). There were 3 separate buildings and we were in the very back so it was quite. The beds were only OK but we did manage a good nites sleep. Breakfast was at the restaurant next door, not much selection but was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Very clean hotel. They served a free breakfast at the restauant next door to hotel.
I would stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The office staff was friendly and helpful. Sweet :)
Yes, it is an older facility however, there was a microwave, and refrigerator. And it's been quite some time since I've slept on a hotel bed that comfortable. Seriously, it was fluffy! Coffee in the lobby and free breakfst at the restaurant next door.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Discovery Bay, California
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have very little to add to other's reviews. This is an overpriced, shabby, and not particularly comfortable motel remodel. The remodel was probably done about 10 years ago. The upholstery on the chair was torn; the bed was not particularly comfortable. Depending on which way the wind is blowing, since it is so near the freeway, the place can be very noisy: it was very noisy the night I spent there. I would never stay there again, nor would I ever recommend it to anyone I care about. The front desk gal was a bit snippy and unhelpful, too. The breakfast was pitiful and not at all worth a premium price. Oh, yes: you pay extra for pets.

Room Tip: there is no tip I can think of that would make this place better
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bubbledeboo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I'm used to cheap, so had low expectations but even then this Day's Inn disappointed.

There was trash on the floor by the bed, behind the furniture and pretty much in every crevice. There were stains on the walls. Who knows what bugs were lurking in those discarded candy wrappers and the like. Some of the light switches didn't work and some of the electrical outlets were also faulty. This was a scary room.

The hotel itself is really no more than a gigantic truck stop. It's right by the thruway and all night big rigs were pulling up and waking me. The room had gigantic blackout curtains but even those couldn't keep out the light and the noise.

So, why didn't I try to move rooms? Well, I wanted to but the front desk person was engaged in a long, long, long issue with a large group of people whose reservation was either wrong or lost. It wasn't clear and it was late and I was tired. In the morning when I went to check out, this discussion was still continuing with a different staff member.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PSKZ
Naples, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I booked this hotel because it had some pretty decent reviews on trip advisor. I arrived on Dec 30th and they told me there would probably not be breakfast tomorrow due to the holiday. Are you kidding...Dec 31 AM is not a holiday and this is a hotel? Cable was out...oooo sorry , no TV. the curtain fell off the track when I closed it . the room itself was not in bad shape, but talk about false advertising. Ill never be back

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank carol p
Texas
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We just returned from a stay at the Days Inn, that lasted about 12 hours total. The hotel is reasonably priced, but it is a no frill facility. The room was clean and the beds were not uncomfortable, but I have slept on better beds at comparable hotels. The lighting was adequate and it was nice to have the microfridge available. The door did not lock properly, so we used the chain lock and propped a chair under the door knob for safety.
The wireless internet didn't work that night, but we were able to use it in the morning before leaving. I had to leave my room and go to the lobby if I wanted a signal.
The free breakfast is at the steakhouse next door. No buffet, you had a choice of pancakes, eggs with bacon, biscuits and gravy, a fruit cup or oatmeal. Just basic food, skimpy portions, too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Sonora Devils River? Share your experiences!