“Awesome stay!!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Somerville
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks for Christmas/new years with my husband and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. During our stay the cable went out and before I could call down the Front desk (who I had talked to 10 mins before saying I was going to watch a movie) called me and let me know the cable was down and was about to be fixed. I was very happy with the service and the hotel was very clean and well kept. I was happily greeted by the front desk and a gorgeously decorated lobby. I talked to the manager and she was amazing!! one of the best stays I have had a hotel!!

Room Tip: Front desk employee Jessica referred and put us in one of there six special large rooms because we...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ABVISOMERVILLE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank You SOOO Much for being our guest! We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Stacy Crigler

Reviewed September 23, 2011

The Reservation Manager, Renee, is very thorough, professional, and does her best to satisfy the customer. Recently, an error occurred in the changing of my itinerary for some unforseen circumstances. Renee made her focus defining the problem before coming up with a solution to serve the customer. Renee understands that anytime you work in the hospitality business that no matter how hard you try; sometimes issues occur that fall between the cracks. In short, after defining the problem, she did not worry about who was wrong or who to blame, and worked towards a solution that satisfied all parties involved. If you have a opportunity with your Budgetel Inn stay or reservation, give Renee Dieckert a chance to work for you!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert G
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I was not sure about staying here after reading the reviews but found the hotel stay to be a pleasant one. We were impressed with it's cleaniness and staff. When I mentioned the poor reviews, I was told the problem was a previous maintenance person who no longer was with the hotel. I didn't find any of the problems previously mentioned on this site and would return to this hotel if I were in the area. The noisy commode complaint mentioned was only normal because of the the type of system used in the tank.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FortWorth_TXKowboy
ABVISOMERVILLE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Hi,
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Americas Best Value Inn in Somerville. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. All of our staff takes great pride in our property and I am glad that it shows. If you are ever in the area again please give us a call, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 1, 2010

We're not able to stay anywhere else during antiques week in this area, when most hotels jack up their prices by 200%. This place is just awful. Dirty, bad service and generally a nightmare all around. last September they had a cricket infestation and there were about 12 crickets in each of our rooms every day (we had 3 rooms). Horrible. Then they went in with an exterminator and stank the whole place up for days, we had to breathe the fumes. Beware that they charge a whopping $80 or more per night during those peak weeks, and it's just not worth it.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank touchofeurope

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was so unpleasant, however, we do appreciate all feedback both positive and negative so that we may strive to continually improve and be the best we can be. I want to inform you that we are under new management, and we strive to keep our property cleaned and well maintained at all times. We are also very focused on our guest having a good experience. I am very displeased that you did not experience good customer service previously, but I would like you to give me a call if you are ever in the area again. I think that you would be pleased with the upkeep of our hotel, as well as our dedicated staff. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed April 2, 2009

Clothing was stolen from room when we stayed here. Contacted manager and they had clothing and said they would send them to us C.O.D. The manager did not send them and would not let UPS pick them up either. Went back to hotel to get clothing and they would not give them to us, they had probably given them away. After 8 or 9 calls to hotel we got no articles returned to us. Poor and disownest management. They had sign up for help needed and I can see why. NEVER STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank unhappyhotelstay

I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience while staying at our hotel. I can understand you being upset about your belonging missing. I am very sorry you had to go through that. I wanted to take the time to let you know that we are under new management since your stay. Our staff is very focused on our guest having a positive stay with us, and I think if you gave us another try you would be pleased. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed September 26, 2008

We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room was very comfortable and the employees were all so friendly and helpful. We will definatly be back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank texashoney1967

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Americas Best Value Inn in Somerville, Texas. I also wanted to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience. Please let us know if you are ever back in the area so that we may accommodate you again.

Reviewed June 2, 2008

We had a great weekend in Somerville the rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was skimpy.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tx_traveler_dude

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!