“Closed, no longer open”
Review of The Shack - CLOSED

The Shack
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed December 2, 2012

An icon in Snyder has closed.

Recently, The Shack closed it doors after over 30 years of operation.

The current owner sited drop in business, rising costs and unable to get and keep good employees due to oil field activity and better wages of the oil field.

It is really sad. While not a four star restaurant you could get a good basic steak, salad and baker for a reasonable price.

The decor was unique with license plates of local residents and visitors. Even my dads was there.

They will be missed.

There are newer reviews for The Shack

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stop here whenever I'm in Snyder. My favorite is the steak. Salad bar is small but still very good.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stopped for dinner in Snyder on the way to Carlsbad. The food at The Shack was good. I would eat here again. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was good.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The food is good. The place stinks and is VERY dirty. My shoes stuck to the bathroom floor. The waiter was nice, but I won't go back. I figure if the part that I can see is dirty, what is it like in the kitchen that I can't see?

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have heard from other people that this place was really good. I the waitress was very friendly and took great care of us. The food was ok.

1  Thank Rosemary R