“New to Area”

Snyder, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New to Area”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have heard from other people that this place was really good. I the waitress was very friendly and took great care of us. The food was ok.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Rosemary R

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best chicken fry in texas!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

If you are driving between Abilene and Lubbock between 11am and 2pm the day of a full annular eclipse you should stop here and make your tummy happy. I've had chicken fried steak in tons of places,in many states, even worked for a del-rancho in Oklahoma city. This was the best chicken fried steak we've had, and I'm a hard critic.

The hours here suck, but the food is good. It would be worth the trip if I lived in Lubbock.

1 Thank webninja
Anaheim, California
“Loved it Great”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I Love Chicken fried steak it was great you would be surprised how many places get it wrong.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Bruce M
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“This is a terrible place to eat”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

While opening the doors to this old decrepit cave I got a huge and over powering whiff of Crap! My first thought other than some person just taking a dump in the waiting area, I thought it was mandatory to give up your license plate from your car. The wait staff which consisted of one tall black teenager (which unfortunately was our waitress). Her knowledge of the menu was vague, and her people skills lagged tremendously. The manager/owner should really consider making his wait staff use some sort of fragrance because our waitress smelled horrendous. Finally after eating a very below average chicken fired steak I was forced to overpay for this crappy meal. I would not recommend ever taking a step into this place.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Trey M
Central Texas
“So so chow”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I've eaten there several times during visits through the years and have found the food (straight American stuff - burgers, chicken, etc.) to be consistently average. Nothing special at all, but it won't kill you. The decor is interesting but the staff aren't particularly friendly or professional. Except for the fact there are very few sit-down eateries of this nature, I'm not sure how they've lasted as long as they have. A better bet is the (only) Pizza Inn, which, on our July 2011 visit, had lots of fresh tasty food served with a smile and in a bright atmosphere, .

Visited July 2011