“Best in the area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Snyder
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Snyder
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had to spend the night here and from the exterior looks of the places, this was the best. Room rate was overprices for the quality. Room smelt of heaving cleaning fluids and windows would not open. Furnishings a little tattered, but clean. Bed was comfortable. Morning breakfast was acceptable. Plenty to eat. Has a pool. Doors slammed tooo hard - could hear all of the neighbors departing. Too bad they did not spend more $$$ on insulation between floors - could hear the person above us walking - and of course the neighbors plumbing. In closing - only stay in Snyder if you must.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just left HIE in Snyder today after a 3 week stay...from the time I first got there the pool pump was broken and the water was green and yucky the whole time I was there. Swimming is what I like to do for exercise so that really sucked for me. But that was minor...the management decided to raise our room rates after having negotiated a fixed rate...they increased their rates on all long term guests by $20 per night. One guest had been there 9 months and had stayed with them even when the elevator was broken and he and his employees had to haul their luggage up and down the stairs for 3 months because the owner wouldn't fix the elevator! They should be sued for false advertising stating that they have a pool that no one can swim in because the owner won't pay to fix it either! It is obvious as thing begin to run down at this hotel the only thing the management cares about is revenue and not expending ANY capital maintaining this hotel properly. The ONLY bright spot was Jessica who works at the front desk. She is sweet and helpful and puts up with a lot of crap because this hotel has a lot of hard working oil field workers, a lot of whom sexually harrass her, (but not all of course) But in the time I was there I witnessed it more than once and the Manager does nothing about it. The rest of the front desk staff are usually aloof and not personable at all. There isn't much choice in the way of staying in Snyder...I would recommend staying in Sweetwater or at the Best Western in Post and avoid staying here if you can help it!

Room Tip: The rooms are clean by and large though had a strange smell in my room yesterday that was almost lik...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kim H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Snyder, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Kim H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you appreciated the service you received from Jessica. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment you had with the condition of our facilities and the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Thank you for feedback and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Snyder, TX. does not have many travelers' choices.. we selected this one because of the location away from the highway. however, the nearby railroad was noisy all night. the pool was closed with green standing water. had a great breakfast, the ac worked, dirty carpet in the room, noisy upstairs resident, too pricy for a small town but this is west texas.

Room Tip: choose an upstairs room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Snyder, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear marquisTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you liked our breakfast and found our staff service commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the noise levels caused you. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family will generally choose a Holiday Inn Express when we travel. They are generally very clean. This one was clean and we had a good stay. The reasons I would not give this visit high marks is because we were unable to get internet service and I really don't think the front desk receptionist wanted to be there. Regardless, I would stay here again. In the Snyder area, it was one of the best looking places that we saw.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I dont know where some of the Information these people get... It almost feels like they are making it up I stay at this Holiday Inn A lot 4times a month for the past year. The numbers arent on the door I have never heard a Dog cause the only dogs they allow are SERVICE DOGS. The Elevator was out of Order True but It was From a broken pipe and flooded over half the Hotel and it was out for 3 months but if you think about it they had to wait for Insurance and then wait for the Union guys to come out and fix it. And the person who said there was warm Milk I have never had that happen... Did you let the Helpful front desk people Know about the warm milk??? My rooms are always clean and yea there is noise I dont think there is enough filler between the walls cause sometimes it does get loud but again Tell An Employee they can help the front desk people are kind of a Jack of traits. I think its kind of funny that people are oh thats a horrible and dont say anything to anyone but go on here and bash a place. If it was or is a legitamit problem the Hotel cant fix anything if you dont tell them. I work in the service industry so I know if I was told there was a problem at work and it something I can to fix I would But how can you where you dont???

Getting off my soap box now
Holiday Inn in Snyder Is the nicest and friendliest in town

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed July 5, 2012

After fleeing from the hotel next door which was a total dump, I ended up in this paradise. The room was big and the AC worked well (important when it's over 100 outside). I did have a problem with the TV only receiving the first 12 channels and the girl at the front desk couldn't solve it, but instead of just giving up, she called her manager and the new night manager came up to my room and reset the TV and it worked fine after that.

I don't know what kind of mattresses Holiday Inn uses, but I want one. It was just the perfect firmness for me. I am grateful that I asked for a wake-up call or I might still be sleeping there.

Room Tip: AARP members get $10 off. I just turned 50 and just joined AARP and it was the first time I got a c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank County-Hunter
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I read the past review and stayed there anyways because it looked the nicest. It was quiet and comfy I asked about the Elevator when I checked in. Bobbie at the front desk smiled and said that "yes it's working we had a problem in December but it was completely replaced." I was very glad to hear this since my room was on the third floor. She was very nice and answered all my Questions even helped me with my Air Conditioner thats controlled on the wall not the window. Nice touch cause it kept my room just right. The pool was nice, my only complaint is they really need to get the printer working in the business center, but again Bobbie came to my rescue and logged on and printed my boarding pass so I could go home. So thank you Bobbie

• Stayed: June 2012