“not much choice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Snyder
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Snyder
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Snyder, TX. does not have many travelers' choices.. we selected this one because of the location away from the highway. however, the nearby railroad was noisy all night. the pool was closed with green standing water. had a great breakfast, the ac worked, dirty carpet in the room, noisy upstairs resident, too pricy for a small town but this is west texas.

Room Tip: choose an upstairs room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Snyder, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear marquisTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you liked our breakfast and found our staff service commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the noise levels caused you. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Snyder

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family will generally choose a Holiday Inn Express when we travel. They are generally very clean. This one was clean and we had a good stay. The reasons I would not give this visit high marks is because we were unable to get internet service and I really don't think the front desk receptionist wanted to be there. Regardless, I would stay here again. In the Snyder area, it was one of the best looking places that we saw.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I dont know where some of the Information these people get... It almost feels like they are making it up I stay at this Holiday Inn A lot 4times a month for the past year. The numbers arent on the door I have never heard a Dog cause the only dogs they allow are SERVICE DOGS. The Elevator was out of Order True but It was From a broken pipe and flooded over half the Hotel and it was out for 3 months but if you think about it they had to wait for Insurance and then wait for the Union guys to come out and fix it. And the person who said there was warm Milk I have never had that happen... Did you let the Helpful front desk people Know about the warm milk??? My rooms are always clean and yea there is noise I dont think there is enough filler between the walls cause sometimes it does get loud but again Tell An Employee they can help the front desk people are kind of a Jack of traits. I think its kind of funny that people are oh thats a horrible and dont say anything to anyone but go on here and bash a place. If it was or is a legitamit problem the Hotel cant fix anything if you dont tell them. I work in the service industry so I know if I was told there was a problem at work and it something I can to fix I would But how can you where you dont???

Getting off my soap box now
Holiday Inn in Snyder Is the nicest and friendliest in town

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed July 5, 2012

After fleeing from the hotel next door which was a total dump, I ended up in this paradise. The room was big and the AC worked well (important when it's over 100 outside). I did have a problem with the TV only receiving the first 12 channels and the girl at the front desk couldn't solve it, but instead of just giving up, she called her manager and the new night manager came up to my room and reset the TV and it worked fine after that.

I don't know what kind of mattresses Holiday Inn uses, but I want one. It was just the perfect firmness for me. I am grateful that I asked for a wake-up call or I might still be sleeping there.

Room Tip: AARP members get $10 off. I just turned 50 and just joined AARP and it was the first time I got a c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank County-Hunter
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I read the past review and stayed there anyways because it looked the nicest. It was quiet and comfy I asked about the Elevator when I checked in. Bobbie at the front desk smiled and said that "yes it's working we had a problem in December but it was completely replaced." I was very glad to hear this since my room was on the third floor. She was very nice and answered all my Questions even helped me with my Air Conditioner thats controlled on the wall not the window. Nice touch cause it kept my room just right. The pool was nice, my only complaint is they really need to get the printer working in the business center, but again Bobbie came to my rescue and logged on and printed my boarding pass so I could go home. So thank you Bobbie

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Elizabeth1965ann
Reviewed March 2, 2012

From someone who stays nearly exclusively at Holiday Inn Express all over the country, I can say with 100% certainty that this is the poorest hotel I have stayed at. Check in was very slow, with my priority club pts and room key not ready when I arrived.

I was then informed that the elevator is out and they are working very hard to fix it, implying that it would be ready to go in a little while. Later that evening, I was informed by a non-hotel employee that the elevator had been out for over a year.

The ice machine on my floor was not working, and the vending machine was sold out of water.

But the WORST part was the paper thin walls. I got the pleasure of listening to a crying baby and barking puppy all night; even though the hotel is supposedly pet free.

The hotel seems to be literally falling apart. When I left in the morning the numbers to my room had fallen off of the door.

One positive is that the rooms are huge, but that doesn’t make up for the other issues.
I would not recommend this Holiday Inn Express to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank brando09
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed there with my wife as we where driving though Snyder the rooms where great and the Hotel its self looked very clean.

We had to trek up three flights of stairs to our room but the nice lady at the front desk Bonnie I think was her name. She helped bring up our bags since my wife is pregnant. She was very apologetic that the elevator was out of order. But she said that is should be fixed soon so next time there wont be any stairs.

Bonnie even told us where a great place to eat was and it was great.

The walls where a little thin but the neighbor got quiet early so we had a great night the bed was very comfy.

The breakfast was great and the lady who was watching it Lena I think is her name was very sweet.

All the staff was great even the maintenance guy was really nice and helped me bring the luggage down.

If we ever drive through there again we will stop and only stay there. Hopefully in the summer so we could enjoy the pool.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple