“Overpriced Dairy Queen”
Review of Pockets Grille

Pockets Grille
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Smithville
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I'm a local. It's convenient and social, but it's not delicious. Best burgers are at Jax Hut in Bastrop.

1  Thank texastravelAustin
There are newer reviews for Pockets Grille

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We went to Pocket's Grill on our way to La Grange. It was very good. The hamburgers were very big, and they were nicely flavored. Also, the fries were great!! I would recommend this place to anyone- it is reasonably priced, has great food, and has a great atmosphere.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I love Pockets and generally go there at least once a month. My biggest problem is deciding if I am going to order something different from my regular picks like the Taco salad or the huge quesadillia with an order of sweet potato fries and fire bites (fired jalepeno slices). I might add the portions are HUGE so bring a friend.
The menu is quite extensive and if I don't stick with what I know, it could take me an hour to decide what to order. They have a respectable selection of beer also.
I stay away from sweets but sometimes there are these little cakes available that look so yummy. I have only heard they are delicious. Probably shouldn't have mentioned them but they are so cute!
Fun place, full of Smithville Texas Movie Memorabilia.
The staff is generally effective at managing to keep the place clean and getting food out. I have seen them overwhelmed during some playoffs last fall;
There is not a lot of dinning to choose from in Smithville as a whole; but Smithville always has something going on around town; and it can cause excitement with the whole community.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Had great food and great service :) Was within walking distance of the Katy House.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Walked from our bed & breakfast to Pockets. Had a cheeseburger that was great and sweet potato fries that were fantastic. Pockets seemed to be the locals favorite too. Would definitely recommend this place.