“We love staying with Bruce and Sally!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithville
Katy House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Smithville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2008

This was my 5th stay at the Katy house. My other visits have been with a group of girl friends. We spend a couple days there every year and scrapbook round the clock only stopping to enjoy a delicious Katy house meal or sleep in one of the comfortable rooms. This visit was with my husband for a relaxing get away. We enjoyed the Katy tower with the huge jacuzzi tub and private porch with comfortable rockers. Smithville is the perfect place to relax and wander around or maybe go for a drive in the country. We really relaxed while we were there!!! You will not be disapointed with your stay at Katy house. Sally and Bruce will make you feel at home and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed March 13, 2008

This was a wonderful B&B! Our hosts were the very definition of warm, friendly and helpful! The room was beautiful clean and private! We especially loved the whirlpool tub and fireplace! We loved staying there and would recommend it without any reservation!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 7, 2008

This is my fifth stay with Sallie and Bruce at the Katy House. I love it. The house is beautiful. The town is quiet and safe to walk around in even if you are alone. There is a great little restaurant where you can get the best steak in the whole world along with other dishes like chicken and fish, although after Sallie's breakfast you will be full for quite some time. Sallie, Bruce and the dogs (William and Buddy) make you feel like you are a member of the family from the moment you arrive. I highly recommend the Katy House to anyone who wants a nice quiet place to spend a couple of days or even a day. And remember, next year is the house's 100th birthday, you must go and celebrate its birthday.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2008

Although we enjoyed everything about our stay at Katy House, it was nice to have William & Buddy around to love on. It kept me from being too homesick for our dogs that we left at home.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 4, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at the Katy House B&B in Smithville Texas. Sally and Bruce made us feel right at home. The highlight of the weekend was the morning breakfast. Not only was the breakfast wonderful but meeting the other guests was an added bonus. This is a true B&B and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a quiet weekend away.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I've been going to the Katy House for 7 years now and have always enjoyed my stay. I have stayed in the house as well as in the 2 quarters in back. When trying to decide something special to do with my sister for her fiftieth bday I thought of the Katy House. Sallie and Bruce are such warm hosts and we had a houseful this last weekend! Everyone talked around the superb breakfasts like old friends. The shopkeepers in town will confirm the reputation Sallie has for fixing the best breakfasts around. Bruce works for the railroad and is a goldmine of info on the wonderful rail antiques which dot the house. I highly recommend this as a retreat for you personally, or romantic getaway or a girl's antiquing expedition. There are lots of little towns close by to explore.
By the way, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies are always in the jar in the front room along with access to a wonderful machine to make your choice of coffee or tea anytime day or night!
Cindy

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We had a wonderful weekend. Our room was very comfortable. We loved the decor and the hospitality. Sallie and Bruce were very gracious hosts and the breakfasts were wonderful. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. I highly recommend the Katy House B & B in Smithville, TX.

Eileen Westerfield
Orchard, TX

Stayed: January 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop
Hampton Inn La Grange
Hampton Inn La Grange
#1 of 7 in La Grange
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa

Been to Katy House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!