“I feel like I should have come with a SWAT team! Total crap!”
Review of Motel 6 Sinton

Motel 6 Sinton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sinton
Grapevine
“I feel like I should have come with a SWAT team! Total crap!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place needs to be bulldozed! Smells moldy and the bed mattress is the thickness of a cot! They need to turn the light OUT on this place! It does not look bad from the outside but it does NOT even partially resemble a clean, well kept property, Motel 6 is clearly struggling at this one, or else there is absolutely no oversight, if you are on a budget and have a choice between this dump and your car, take the car!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever seen in my entire life. We have a bullet hole in our room window- it stinks the bed is terrible! Springs poke you in the back! The hall way has stains of God knows what. They can't even mow the outside. The water has a yellow brown color. I think the cheap 39.99 hotels would have been better! 75 bucks for a dump!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Elizabeth H
PHARR
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My family and I had stayed at this motel three years ago with no problems. So when a family funeral came up, we got reservations here again. Turns out they are under new management and they claim to be doing renovations. I can tell you first hand, they are not spending much on them! The rooms were so uncomfortable and the hallway was hot and dirty. The hallway carpet was filthy and loose. Then when we got into our room, it was 78 degrees and the air would not come on. We had to be switched to another room. The next room smelled like damp towels, and the beds were awful. the box springs had been removed and the mattresses had been placed on platforms, but the mattresses were dirty and hard. Also they kept sliding off the platforms. There was no way we could sleep like that, so we had to purchase an airbed to put on the bed!!! I would expect more from a motel that charges $70 per night. Also there was no smoke detectors, they had been removed from all the rooms!! When we pointed this out to the front desk, they said they knew, and they were planning on ordering some. Isn't that breaking some kind of fire codes??? I would NEVER recommend this motel to anyone, nor will I stay there again. We stayed because we had to for a funeral, but I will never go back!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Eugenia P
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Sinton, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Eugenia P,
Sintra, Portugal
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My name is Scott W. Smith. My buddy and I are construction workers, but we had to pay for our own room. We called ahead and reserved a room with 2 queen beds, and it was supposed to be a smoking room. When I got to the room the next day Pamela Tello was working the front counter. I told her who I was and what I reserved. She informed me that's not the information she has. She said the reservation was for a single bed room with a queen bed. I told her that was not right, and she told me they were full up, so I could take it or leave it. I was tired so I took it. And the room with one bed they gave me did not have a queen size bed, it was only full size. By the way I am in the room writing this right now,this very moment. They charged me 74.99 a night for this crap room. But I was just informed by the front desk that I got a discount, they only charged me 72.89. Great discount, yeh right. A whole 2.10 off a night for a bed we didn't get. Then I contacted Motel6 corporate office, and they confirmed the reservation information I gave them, and they confirmed that the Motel6 in Sinton and Pamela Tello received that information. So in other words Pamela Tello blatantly lied and screwed me. She pulled an old bait and switch, and gave my room to somebody else. Scumbags who do business like that should be thrown in jail for fraud. So everybody I am telling you if you have any sense, steer clear of Motel6 Sinton, and Pamela Tello.

Thank you For Your Time Scott W. Smith

Room Tip: Drive somewhere else, stay away from Motel6 Sinton.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank scottwsmith312
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Sinton, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear scottwsmith312 - We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service and reservation issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for service at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
south padre island
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is one of the dirtiest motels I have been in for a long time. The pillows were like a piece of cardboard. When asking for another there was not one. Should have known when the lobby was dirty. Asked for a plastic fork. Right they could not find one.It went from there. 63.00 dollars no breakfast and could not even sleep.Afraid that the sheets had not even been changed.

Room Tip: Check how clean the lobby is.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank glenda b
Houston
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Motel 6 Sinton, Texas is $54.99. Indoor motel and as soon as I walked upstairs I could feel the heat. Was hoping it was just the corridor. Our room never cooled to my satisfaction and I came late and left early, so there was no influence from the sun. The bed was uncomfortable, but overall the room was clean, the bathroom was clean. Basic Motel 6 that works except this one was barely cool, and the by morning with the sheets having not stayed on the bed, you could see how nasty the bed was. The bed in the photo was the bed my child slept in alone. It is sunk in and the sheets off displaying the quality of the mattress. I have no idea what dripped down the chair and why being it was facing the inside of the room, no one had cleaned it. Looked pretty nasty. As did the carpet in the corridor upstairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room, maybe they aren't as hot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank 457LisaC
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We reserved a room and drove 7 hours to get there. Upon arrival, I gave them my reservation number and they claimed I had no reservations. They told me they had no more rooms for the weekend. I asked them to call the Motel 6 corporate office to confirm my reservation, and they claimed they had no way to contact Motel 6 customer service. What??????
So I got on my cell phone and called the Motel 6 customer service number and customer service told me my reservations were cancelled by the employees of this hotel. Every other hotel in the area was booked and I had two small children with me. I told them they needed to find me a room and they called the police on me! The police arrived and told me that this was an ongoing problem with the owners of this hotel. Motel 6 did not make this right and ruined my families vacation. I will be taking them to court over this matter. Horrible, horrible people. Do not trust this hotel! Reservations mean nothing to them!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SoccerTexas

Been to Motel 6 Sinton? Share your experiences!