“Old Time Motor Court With Updated Touches”
Review of Shiner Country Inn

Shiner Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shiner
Shiner Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Shiner B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very clean and reasonably priced. This is an old style motor hotel, with the car port right next to your room. It is a well cared for piece of Americana with flat screen TV, Direct TV, Free WIFI, a small refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. Did I mention it's clean? Has no unusual smells! We had no complaints after our stay and will be staying there again, if we get the opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrKittySA

Reviewed January 25, 2013

On a recent business trip to Shiner, I began researching places to stay in the town. Really not much available. Serveral Bed and Breakfast places, which we do not care for. Then we found the Shiner Country Inn. This is an old motel that has some charm to it. It is very conviently located and exceptionally reasonable. It is family owned and maintained. It was over the top clean and comfortable. The rooms are small, as are the bathrooms. The beds very comfortable and there is even a barbeque area outside with seating and a playground for children. Our stay was quite nice and if was very quite throughout the night. Most of all we could not believe the price! If you are in Shiner and want a comfortable, safe and clean place to stay without any bells and whistles this is the place to go. It is about a third of the price of any of the B&Bs we checked. Oh yes, and there is covered parking for your car!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Emil F
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stopping here at 9 pm with no plans , didn't know what we where in for, what we got for our money was an extremely clean, quiet, comfortable room, I would stay here a week. The hotel owners are typical hill country great people.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William P
Reviewed May 6, 2012

...but Eagle Ford drilling is close. Clean, well kept up, 9 rooms total. Priced to rent. I thought it was great, but some might be looking for the standard amenities you get at a chain.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thomas77379
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Very Nice Place to stay and I have stayed here several time, but will never again after the way we were treated. We called 6 months in advance to reserve 8 rooms for our Annual Shiner trip. Called and spoke to Jeff and Kim who manage the hotel. They said no problem we got you reserve. 3 weeks before our trip, Jeff calls us back and cancels all our rooms because he said he can make more money renting them out by the week. He was very rude and very unprofessional. I love the hotel and I love visiting Shiner but I guess we wont be staying at the Shiner Inn no longer. Thanks alot Jeff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
13  Thank Ron_Cooper_Dallas
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The Shiner Country Inn is really a true jewel of the past when a motel was clean, simple, and meant to provide a safe place to rest and slow down for awhile. The drive in carports next to the room is perfect. The huge oak and pecan trees provide beautiful shade and a perfect place to visit, play dominoes, and cards. A horseshoe pit and shoes are there for all to enjoy. We have stayed there yearly for the past five years and any other time we have visited Shiner. Perfect location to visit this lovely town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cmm1965
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I spent a weekend in Shiner in September. I stayed one night at the Shiner Country Inn. I didn't get the mans name that owns the Inn, but he is one of the nicest men iv ever met. When I checked out of the Inn he gave me certificates to eat and drink on around Shiner which saved me alot of money. I highly recommend this Inn

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Reynolds13

Been to Shiner Country Inn? Share your experiences!