“30 minutes for soup.”

Ranked #87 of 130 Restaurants in Sherman
Cuisines: Chinese
“30 minutes for soup.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Have a virus & doctor said I'm dehydrated. Brothy soup was recommended. Great! I'll get eggdrop soup to go. I ordered & paid @ 2:08. After 30 minutes of waiting I went to the register to see what was up. They forgot... Wait staff & the manager that took my order walked by me dozens of times. No greeting, no "you okay?", nothing. So upset I can hardly eat my soup.

• Visited April 2014

Dallas, Texas
“For Chinese Food, it's middle of the Road”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff is attentive here, but the food is okay. Nothing really stands out as "above average". It is nice to have more than only one or two choices in town, but this one comes in 2nd place.

Advantages: a slightly different selection from place down the road.

Negatives: since they are not as busy as other Chinese restaurant, their food tends to sit out a little longer.

If you are just looking for a decent buffet, you will probably not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place in Sherman”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'm a loyal customer of China Star for about four years now and have always liked the good choice of hot and fresh items. It is a family run place and the service is top notch and friendly. Just wanted to tell you all about this hidden Asian gem in Sherman.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love China Starr”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been going to China Starr for years, now! I love the variety of selection of food! The service is always friendly and good! This is my favorite to go to in all of Sherman.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Texasladydianne
“Satisfying Chinese Food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I came here with my family for lunch on a Saturday. Our waitress was very friendly and treated us like she has know us for a long time. We saw a nice selection of popular hot and cold dishes on the buffet table. The Sesame Chicken was really good! I also liked the noodles and Hot & Sour soup. Overall, a very good meal with great service for about $7! Definitely recommend!

• Visited November 2012