“Valentine orders given to me by my husband”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #78 of 131 Restaurants in Sherman
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Loved the chocolate covered strawberries my husband got for me! Delicious!!!! Staff very courteous. Delivered on time.

1  Thank Kmoseley57

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is our family's favorite place to eat. Everyone gets what he wants and leaves stuffed. Not only is the quanity of choices amazing, but the quality is great, too!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Ok...the success of buffets are two fold. Keeping the food at the right temp and keeping the place clean. This location is very messy and I don't know if I'd go again soon.

1  Thank Rance D
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We've lived in Sherman for 11 years now and and have tried to give the local Golden Corral "just one more shot" every so often. Each time, the food and cleanliness just keep getting worse and worse. I've eaten there probably 5 or 6 times in 11 years, and each and every time have been disappointed. But the last 2 times were the worse......I took my elderly mother there 3 years ago and both of us became VERY, VERY sick afterwards. Many of the foods at the salad bar had not "looked right" and obviously had gone bad.

So after not going back for the longest, my son and I gave it one final attempt this summer and will not be going back.
Here's what we saw.....
--Flies everywhere
--At 8pm on a Tuesday night, over half the tables were empty, yet covered with plates and food waiting to be bussed. (we had to search long and hard for a clean table)
--I had to go through the stack of clean plates to find one that did not have bits of old food on them (disgusting).
--The food itself was dry and tasteless and some looked liked it had been sitting out FAR TOO LONG (immediate red flag for me after my previous experience)
--After 30 minutes, hardly any of the dirty tables had been bussed or cleaned. Still covered in emplty plates with flies everywhere.
I have never left a restaurant after paying without eating a thing, but I just couldn't take a bite. My teenage son ate a little, then said it was too gross and we left.
My family have always loved other Golden Corrals we had been to over the years, but this is by far the worst one we have ever eaten at. We will not be returning.......ever.

3  Thank Mrs T
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Golden Corral's buffet is OK, but that doesn't keep the masses away. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant unless you want a filling station.