“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Door - CLOSED

Blue Door
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gunter, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've lived in Grayson County for 15 years and have somehow missed dining at The Blue Door Cafe. My loss! Four of us went on Monday night. It was not crowded but we were not the only customers. Our waitress was friendly and eager if not completely knowledgeable about details of the menu. Two of us had the red snapper, one had the shrimp fra diavolo, and one the lamb shisk kabob. From our salads to the chocolate mousse cheesecake we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014

Memphis, Tennessee
“Good Food Pleasant Surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have a Vegetarian business friend and needed a place to eat. Saw this establishment catagorized as Mediteranean or mid eastern and supposed they had Veggie meals.
Located downtown Sherman in quaint building with strange colorings, but since the food was not normal TX fare, the building didn't need to be either. We both enjoyed our meals, he had mixed veggies over basmati rice while I had Snapper over same. he had a yogurt sauce that came with his meal and i had a tomato pepper sauce which was spicy. I told him my sauce was great and somwat spicy so he asked Waitress if they had something a little spicier for his meal and she gladly bought him a red tomato pepper sauce which he really liked.
Inside kind of old time casual, with blues and purples and booths and tables. Waitress was very congenial, and the food hit the spot. cost about $42 plus tip for the two dishes and iced tea. If you're tired of the usual fare go and try it. You should definitely find something worth your while.

• Visited June 2014
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

So, I just stumbled upon The Blue Door Cafe and decided to give it a try with a friend for lunch during the week. This is a little hole in the wall place just off the downtown Sherman square. Quaint atmosphere with very friendly, attentive, and professional service. I'm obsessed. Its been 2 days and just left with my husband and son from dinner. I had a falafel sandwich the first trip and the Moroccan fish today. Both dishes were exceptional with the perfect amount of herbs and flavor! My husband got the special with steak, clams, and pasta with lemon garlic sauce. The steak was really great! He enjoyed it! My son ordered the speghetti and meatballs. I tasted it and felt it was a little on the bland side. Overall, it has been a very positive experience and will be back again soon! Thank you for offering a change of pace there in Sherman!

Sherman, Texas
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This place has a great atmosphere, just missing guests! The way it is decorated is really fun & upbeat. The ladies that serve are very friendly. I went the first time for a business lunch, and had a salad. It took a little while to be prepared, but was great. The chicken on top was so flavorful, and they put strawberries, feta & apples on it. Just had the chicken parm, and it's really good too. The sauce is yummy, the pasta is cooked perfectly, and the chicken is really great. Good flavors. The place never is busy, so you can get in and out, and they do to go orders. Only concern is that they don't get enough patronage and have to close. But really a great place to eat from, the food & ingredients are really fresh. I ordered my son the fettuccine alfredo, and it is such a pretty dish. My husband had the Moroccan Braised fish and thought it was yummy too.

• Visited April 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Food At A Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had eggplant parmesan, not exactly greek food, but very delicious all the same -- It came with salad and side of spaghetti -- A lot of food for the price -- Very satisfied --

• Visited January 2014