“My favorite lunch place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kathleen's Kitchen

Kathleen's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Sherman
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durant, Oklahoma
“My favorite lunch place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Kathleen's is the best lunch spot in North Texas. We drive there often from southern Oklahoma.
Try her Santa Fe Chili or a Waldorf Chicken Salad sandwich (on one of their homemade breads) or a Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing. I often get the Honey Mustard Dressing (regular or low-fat) on one of the salads. The atmosphere is homey
and inviting and the waitresses are friendly and helpful. Their signature dessert is Bread Pudding. After your meal, browse their bakery and other foods available for carryout. We love her recipe for Pimiento Cheese Spread. Or select a loaf of homemade bread, a cake, cookies, or cupcakes. In my book Kathleen's Kitchen is TOPS!! You'll go back, too.

“Valentine's Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I look forward to this delicious meal all year long. We love the prime rib along with everything else. We enjoy the atmosphere and the service is always so nice. For the rest of the year we survive on the best smoked turkey salad and strawberry spinich salad. My girls always think it is such a treat when they come home and there is smoked turkey salad in the fridge.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tracy m
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Sandwich Shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a family favorite! Friendly staff, delicious food. I highly recommend Kathleen's potato soup most days except Tuesday because then you can get her chicken and wild rice soup. Her grilled cheese sandwiches are perfectly buttery and crispy. Another favorite sandwich of ours is the Smoked Turkey Club. I get it on her flaky croissant without the bacon and it's awesome! Her special herbal mayo really puts this sandwich over the top.

1 Thank AnneDering
Sherman, Texas
“Kathleen's is cute, quaint, and a delicious spot for lunch or bakery goods.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've never been disappointed in all my visits over the years. The Valentine's dinner is more than delicious and my only wish is that they were open more!

Anna, Texas
“Best strawberry spinach salad ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I have not tried anything here that isn't good, but my favorites are strawberry spinach salad, chicken salad, potato soup and chicken wild rice soup. Delish!