“Best place in town!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
McKinney, Texas
“Best place in town!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you are looking for a delicious, home-cooked meal, then look no further - Kathleen's Kitchen is BY FAR the best place to eat in the Texoma area! Family owned and operated, Kathleen & her family have been serving satisfied patrons for many years. While certainly best known for their to-die-for desserts, Kathleen's is a personal favorite of mine for their soup selection (best potato soup I have EVER tasted), their sandwiches (which are enough to fill you up, but not so much you make yourself miserable) and of course, their homemade breads. In a time when quality is often sacrificed for the benefit of making a profit, Kathleen's Kitchen is a breath of fresh air for not only providing the best lunches in the area, but for taking pride in the way its delivered. As I live in McKinney, my only complaint regarding Kathleen's is that I'm not close enough to make it a regular lunch spot! Thank goodness they are now open on Saturdays - one stop in the bakery and I am set for the week! If you are in the area, make sure you take the time to stop by Kathleen's Kitchen - you won't regret it!

• Visited February 2013

“Amazing home cooked food, but stays very busy!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Kathleen's has the best restaurant that's open for lunch in Sherman. From the potato soup to the strawberry spinach salad, everything on the menu is delectable. No more than $8-10 per person (including one of their fabulous desserts) this is, hands down, one of my favorite restaurants to visit when I'm in town. I only wish they were open for dinner! I crave their hot ham and cheese sandwiches as well as their chicken salad. I also thoroughly enjoy their bakery. You can purchase homemade goodies for all occasions. I ordered chocolate covered strawberries for my anniversary a few years back, and everything down to the presentation was perfect. The employees are the sweetest, and I have yet to encounter someone rude. Located on the north east corner of Travis and Taylor, Kathleen's Kitchen is worth visiting if you are ever in Sherman.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“YUMM--EE!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My personal favorites are their amazing strawberry and spinach salad is wonderful. They are very well known for that.....BUT....Kathleen's Kitchen also has the BEST Bread Pudding I have ever had!! It has a yummy sugary crunch on top of the creamy Pudding. I still have not found one that compares to Kathleen's Kitchen!!

• Visited October 2012
Sherman, Texas
“A great place to eat...”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Kathleen's is the food you swear you could make yourself...until you realize you can't.

The quality of the food, the right seasoning and portion size...Kathleen's has it.

My only comment is that most guys that eat in wish there were roomer seating in the dining area. It doesn't matter though...because take out is the best. Do yourself a favor and eat here.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rance D
Waco, Texas
“Okay but not great”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We went to this place on the recommendation of a hotel desk clerk, and it was okay but not great. The "1950s local cafe" atmosphere was okay, but we expected more from the food. It was a decent lunch, but I won't seek it out again if I ever find myself returning to Sherman.

Visited November 2012