“One of the top in Sherman”

The Library Bar & Grill
Ranked #11 of 130 Restaurants in Sherman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“One of the top in Sherman”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here several times (I've lived here less than a year) It is a quaint restaurant and one of the nicest in Sherman. I love their green beans and get them every time I eat here. The steak last week was perfectly cooked and the flavor was wonderful. I always like the salad - enough that I usually get the exact same thing each time. It can be a family place or great for a romantic dinner. I don't drink liquor but I often see people getting drinks so I believe it has something for everyone. If you want a good steak this is probably the best place in town, although I am a big fan of Salt Grass, but if you don't want to drive to McKinney then this is my local choice for a really good steak.

Visited April 2013

“Hidden gem”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The atmosphere and service was great. The chef was approachable and pleasant to chat with. Two words - lamb chops. The most tender I have ever had.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jasco t
Sherman, Texas
“An intimate place for a special occasion”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Library is an upscale intimate restaurant with a special menu, wine list and unobtrusive professional waitstaff. It is a little pricey, but worth it for special occasions.

• Visited August 2012
Texas
“Very talented chef”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on a Saturday night. Overall, we enjoyed the experience. The wine list was not extensive, but there were some good choices. The salad was comprised of a generous selection of greens and vegetables. The only disappointment was the dressing. I chose a raspberry vinaigrette, which was tasty, but came in a prefilled plastic cup on the side. My husband had the flounder special. It was very well seasoned and cooked. I had the beef filet and have to say it was one of the best steaks I have ever had, exceeding 5 star steakhouses in much larger cities. It was perfectly seasoned and cooked to a lovely medium rare. I would like to see the chef owner replace the pre made breadstick served with the salad with fresh bread and butter at the table and possibly offer fresh chives for the baked potato. Just a few touches needed to make this a fantastic restaurant. We will be back.

• Visited February 2013
Sherman, TX
“Great little spot”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live in Sherman, but had not eaten at this restaurant since it had opened. We were wanting a nice meal for our Christmas get together, and, boy, did The Library come thru. Now, don't expect the prices to be like Chili's or Applebee's. The prices are higher, but the quality of the food is wonderful. The steaks are priced by the pound if over a minimum, as is the prime rib, but oh, so good. Tender, cooked to perfection. The salad was very fresh and crisp and the baked potato was HOT, not lukewarm. The service was good, but not intrusive. It was a very relaxed evening. I heartily recommend.

• Visited December 2012