“Disappointed”

Hilton Head, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I was so excited to try this place. We have only been here for a year. Since we were so sure it would be good, we ordered a lot, and to go. General Tso's chicken, Hunan Beef, several varieties of fried rice. We were so disappointed. Gen. Tso's pieces of chicken were rock-hard, old, gloopy, thick and obviously leftover, warmed up sauce. Truly awful, not just disappointing. Fried rice had very little of what it was supposed to have, and it was very greasy and poorly seasoned. Hunan Beef was supposed to be spicy, it was barely seasoned at all. We had asked the owner specially to really crank it up. No szechuan pepper seasoning it is supposed to have. Beef was tough, obviously leftover, in another gloppy sauce with the veggies being droopy and very few to boot. I will say this is the best Chinese food in Sherman, but that isn't saying much. THE OWNER WAS A DARLING. He was terribly sweet . However, we wasted $45.00. I know what these dishes are supposed to be and taste like -and these were awful. Sorry to be the ant at the picnic. I love leaving good reviews for our local restaurants but I had to be honest.

Dallas
“Great food, great place!”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

This is by far the best Chinese food place in town! The food is always fresh and made to order. The lunch specials are a great deal! Every time I go to Sherman, I make it a point to go there. The only disappointing thing is they are closed one day a week :(