“Keep Driving...Don't Stop”

Ranked #57 of 130 Restaurants in Sherman
Dallas, Texas
“Keep Driving...Don't Stop”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just stopped at this location for an early lunch today, and it was not worth the trip. My family waited a long time to get our food, had long waits in between getting our refills for our drinks, and the server had very poor communications and customer service skills. Instead of politely saying here is your son's order sir would you mind passing this plate to your son, she said "...here ya go.. give it to him...this is his order..." Better yet, why would she not have gone around to the side of the table where my son was sitting to give him his meal. Why pass it clear across the table? was hoping the food would have been better, but it was not. The eggs were runny, the ham was over cooked, and grit were...not grits. The whole experience felt like they were not interested in our business...just wanted us to eat and get out.

Very disappointing experience.

• Visited August 2013

“Avoid this location”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Food finally delivered and was incorrect. Wrong entree, wrong sides, missing sides, etc. Portion size is ridiculously small on everything. The baked sweet potato is about the size of a tennis ball!! Took requesting biscuits 4 times before they were actually delivered and by then we had finished our meals. Was charged an additional $4.59 for a loaded baked potato that was ordered as one of two sides on country plate. This extra charge was for bacon bits and grated cheese!!! Chicken fried steak was terrible. Salmon patties were over-cooked. Very disappointing experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TX2stepper
California
“Can't beat the pecan pancakes!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My family and I always stop for breakfast at Cracker Barrels on our road trips. The menu is broad enough to suit everyone, and the pancakes just can't be beat!
We even love the kitschy gift shop, finding cute little items that we just can't live without.
One area for improvement ( and this is true for all Cracker Barrels I have visited): the coffee is plentiful and hot but is weak and has no flavor. I have just resorted to drinking water, then going in search of coffee elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013
“Good food, decent prices”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after a nascar race as well as a few other times and its always been good. Prices are decent but I've noticed the servings are getting smaller. Overall, its always a good place to stop.

• Visited November 2012
Frankston, Texas
“CB Breakfast - enjoy”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We like to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel when we are traveling. It certainly beats the breakfast sandwich at the fast food chains. It is interesting to see the level of service you get from the waitstaff - sometimes great, sometimes not. We had a good waitress at our last visit but we probably made the order difficult for either her or the cook. We both decided to get the "eggs in a basket" special they had with my wife wanting eggs over medium and me wanting eggs over easy. I noticed the waitress looking at our order when she brought it out (trying to figure out which one was which) and placed our plates on the table. Think the cook actually placed one egg of each kind on each plate. One of my eggs was overcooked with the yolk being solid and the other was just right with the yolk runny. Think it was the same way on my wife's plate.
Anyway we ate it all, and will stop back again in the future as it is still good and certainly beats the breakfast sandwich.

• Visited May 2013