“Clean and Reasonable”

Quality Suites Sherman
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sherman
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Easy access on/ off SH 75 enroute to either north into OK or south and Dallas. A clean and reasonably priced place with good space in the room and bath area. Well run by friendly and professionally managed staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom S, Manager at Quality Suites Sherman, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

I sincerely appreciate your compliment regarding my staff. Positive feedback regarding staff service is an encouragement for all of us. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Quality Suites Sherman

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stopped here overnight as we were driving through. I hesitated after seeing some of the reviews, but was very pleasantly surprised. We got the standard two-queen room, and although you can't tell from the website, these rooms are semi-suites with a separate living area (no separating door) and pull-out sofa. The room was extremely quiet and the beds were very comfortable--not luxurious, but very comfortable. It's true that the AC in the room is one of the units that sits under the window and blows pretty hard, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some I've encountered in much more expensive hotels. The bathroom was clean, there was a nice TV free wifi. I can see the point of some of the other commenters about the tight quarters with the desk chair (it doesn't go all the way under the desk), but for one night, and with the other living area, it really wasn't an issue.

Breakfast was plentiful and not crowded. They had make-your-own waffles (regular and cinnamon), pre-formed scrambled egg patties and sausage, and the other regular breakfast items.
It compares well to Hampton Inn (especially with the $20-30 price difference). I have stayed in the Sherman La Quinta, and I liked this Comfort Suites much better. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your complimentary review. Your review confirms what our goal is -- to provide a value option to the more expensive brand hotels next to us. I do apologize about the desk chair. When the interior designer ordered these ergonomic desk chairs to replace the previous ones (not ergonomic), I don't think that she realized that the arms of the chairs were an inch to tall for the desk.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had to stay at this hotel during our trip back to Arkansas from DFW due to the weather. The woman at the front was so nice to us. Due to the fact that our stop was unplanned she even gave us a discount! I asked if we could be on the bottom floor (because of the kids) and she made it happen. If I had to I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your complimentary review. I am happy to hear that you got home safely. We try to provide a value option for travelers, when compared to the two neighboring hotels.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Tony T's review was good I agree with a lot of it...especially the desk chair.

I don't have a whole lot to say. It was nice...bed was comfy and clean...bathroom was clean. Staff was helpful. I was happy with my stay though I don't think it's worth the cost of a night if you are just passing through but I was too tired to research anywhere else. My husband would not agree with me at all on this place. The heater ran all night long and dried out the air and made him cough all night long and he hardly slept.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am sorry to hear that your husband did not sleep well. I hope that the heater kept the room at a comfortable temperature. Your comment about it running all night leads me to believe that it was a cold winter night.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stopped here without planning due to the weather. They had rooms on the first floor which was great because they don't have an elevator to reach the upper floors. Although I would have preferred 2 beds, I went for the king instead because it was downstairs. The room was clean and nice, but the furniture seemed too large for the room and it was hard to use the desk because there wasn't much room for the chair. In fact, when I first entered the room, the desk chair was rolled into the closet, and I decided that it was there to make room to WALK between the bed and the desk. They had lots of electrical outlets and they were easy to find.

The room smelled like the carpet had recently been febrezed (?), in other words, there was a heavy sweet odor and I wonder if it was because a previous occupant had smoked in the room. The hotel is 100% non-smoking.

The fitness room did not have a TV. This is a first for me. There was a cycle and an elliptical and a mirror.

The breakfast was nice, although it was like a maze to navigate the various counters. The breakfast included hot foods (waffles, eggs, sausage) as well as the usual continental fare. One little thing that I have noticed about Comfort Suites is that they keep their butter in the refrigerator where I'm sure it is safer than sitting on top of ice. There is 24 hour coffee which was great since I had come in out of the cold, wet weather when I first registered.

Room Tip: If you need to avoid climbing stairs, ask for a first floor room as they do not have an elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was the 2nd time we stayed her. The staff is wonderful and friendly. The hotel is well situated. As with previous reviews, the hotel seems dated and tired. The bed was very comfy and the room was clean. That said, it could use an update. While we were there, they were cleaning the carpets. Breakfast was decent and I always enjoy the Texas shaped waffles. I would ask for a room on the back side as it can get noisy early in the morning with trucks and autos leaving.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. I was visiting some friends. I did have to wait for like 20 minutes to check in, which threw me off. I suspect the Desk Attendant was messing around somewhere. Apparently, she was "in the bathroom". The room was nicely updated though and was big!!! It's a nonsmoking property, but I believe it used to be smoking as that kind of musty smoke smell was moderately present. Will def'ly stay here again if I'm visiting and it's avail!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Gordon S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman
#4 of 9 in Sherman
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites

Been to Quality Suites Sherman? Share your experiences!