“Great Place”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sherman
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Kimberly (front desk) was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is well kept and clean. The pool area was very nice and spent alot of time out there. Lots of resturant near by and a good verity of foods.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night while passing through and enjoyed the stay. Had a king sized bed and it was great after a long day on the road. Very comfortable and was not bothered by street noise. Easy access on and off the highway. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived at bedtime, so we didn't do much accept watch tv, sleep, eat breakfast, & hit the road. The free breakfast helped offset what my husband thought was a pricey spot just to lay our heads, but he would have slept in the car in the parking lot, so my opinion is the important one. :-) The lady who checked us in was also tending to breakfast. She was very kind and helpful. I ate with a view of the courtyard and pool instead of the tv.

• Stayed August 2012
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed there from a booking through Priceline. Front desk clerk Cory, was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, had no complaints. Room was clean. Bathroom had NO Mold, which is one of my pet peaves at hotels. With booking through priceline they had put us in a king bed , which Cory kindly switched it two 2 beds for us. The pool did look a little cloudy, so we didn't use it. The front desk clerk the next day was very friendly also.

Room Tip: Park your car in the front of the hotel. Side parking is next to a field and a closed up business.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Cory checked us in and brought a cot to our room and was very polite. The room was adequate and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast wasnt too good but it was the normal LQ breakfast. The hotel was remodeled about a year ago. We stayed there using 8000 of our reward points.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JOPLIN
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked this hotel thru Hotwire where room price was listed as $104 but special price was $73. Having stayed at this hotel in the past we knew it was very nice and the price was low for the Sherman, TX area. Upon arrival around 9:15 pm we were greeted by June at the front desk. She inquired about my having a broken ankle and June said she'd get us in our suite immmediately on the third floor. At this hour the parking lot was extremely full as there were a lot of business trucks so we didnt get real close to the door we needed. However, upon entering the room we were shocked to find a beautiful spacious 2 room suite. We had booked a king bedded room but this was way beyond our expectations. The air conditioner in both rooms worked very well in the almost 100 degree weather. Between 6 and 7 am the next morning there was noise from all the construction trucks leaving for the day and by the time we got down to breakfast at around 7:30 there was not a whole lot of food out, but adequate. There were made to order waffles, dry cereal, a few muffins, yogurt, but no other hot items such as eggs, bacon, sausage~~not sure if there had been but thought we remembered there were on our prior visit. This is the only reason for the "4" rating. Everything else was perfect and we would not hesitate staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seagoville, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am a La Quinta Returns Reward member & I can tell you that from this experience on 7-14-12, I may NEVER return to another La Quinta again. When we drove up into the parking lot I knew we should have cancelled & found some place else to stay, but we were trying to honor the made reservation. 1st-painters and construction workers blocking the entrance to the hotel-they were painting. 2nd-parking limited-police cars & state game warden trucks everywhere. We were optimistic & thought that maybe they're having a conference. It was 96 degrees outside and there was very little air blowing inside the lobby (another sign to turn around). When I walked up to the counter, the CSR-June told us that our room wasn't ready we'd have to wait. She was preparing to leave. Cory came on duty and immediately gave a room to a couple that just walked in, with 2 bottles of water and a cookies. We inquired about if they had a special reservation and was told no, he apologized didn't know we were waiting. I pointed to June and said she knows we're waiting. June then says, "sorry sometimes things get away from us up here." Cory was awesome & gave us a room on the 3rd floor-Rm 314...we went to the elevator & immediately began sweating & when we got to the 3rd floor there was no air and we found the police & wardens...they were standing next to our room because whatever was happening was across the hall from our room. We went inside our room & it was a scorcher & was still dirty. The linens were black from foot prints (not sure if animal or human). We went back down & asked for our money back because we did not want to stay in a hot, dirty room across from the "investigation." We were told that they had no more rooms & June said she had no way of knowing that the room she gave us was across from the investigation nor that the air was out. "Things get away from them there." I asked for the newly appointed GM, Stephanie A. I was told that she was too busy and not properly dressed to address my concerns. She told Cory to just delete my reservation and tell me my money would be back on my card in 14 business days. Maybe LQ should rethink their choice for GM. I think Cory would be a better fit. Not only did he clean up June's mess (as she raved about a great internet review she received as she was leaving out the door) but he also handled the mess that his GM should have handled. Cory was the star employee and professional that evening and probably most evenings. Find someplace else to go!

Room Tip: Helpful Tip: find another HOTEL!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LadyLat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherman
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
Days Inn Sherman
Days Inn Sherman
#4 of 9 in Sherman
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman? Share your experiences!