“Nice people clean rooms”

Hometowner Inn & Suites
Hometowner Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shepherd
shepherd
“Nice people clean rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

I loved my stay at this hotel. The people are really friendly and they have really nice rooms. I conserve my money and I think I got my money's worth and more. I ate alot of breakfast that morning. Which was a pretty good FREE! and FREE always taste better. The room I stayed in was so comfortable. I would recomemed this hotel to everyone. Its the best I've ever visted. Th

• Liked — The friendly people
  • Disliked — I liked it all
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bestvalue

Families
Tyler, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2007

We paid $53 a night for 2 people via Orbitz. We had to have handicap
accommodations. Our room was spacious with a fridge and microwave. Two
queen beds with clean sheets. The only downturn was no handicap parking
spaces, THANKFULLY our spot was open each time we went out. The place
was full the weekend we stayed. They offer a nice breakfast of quality
brands, and hot waffles pre-poured for you to make! Very nice overall
for the price!

• Stayed May 2007
East Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2007

When I went to my hotel room - I opened the door and saw the bed was not made and I am not entireley sure there was not someone staying in that room (all the lights were on). I went to the desk and told the clerk the room was not clean. She brought a new key and attempted to open the room next to my original room. It too was occupied- and there were people in that room. So, once again she went and keyed another card - and took me to a room that was not occupied - thankfully (Room 115). But, it was supposed to have been a non-smoking room - but a former occupant had smoked in there.
The room: on initial inspection it seemed OK. There was a sofa, coffee table, king size bed, desk, microfridge, microwave all for $50/night. But, when I went to the bathroom, there was someone's used towel still drapped over the shower rod (the shower curtain had been pushed back and it was hidden - but the cleaning person should have seen it). There was hair on the floor and on the toilet.
The large vanity area had something sticky all over it - I had to clean it.
There were peanuts on the bed spread. I pulled back the sheets and thankfully they were clean and fresh - that would have been the last straw.
The room would have been perfectly fine if it had just been cleaned properly. Bring your own room spray to get rid of smoking odors in the non-smoking rooms.

• Liked — Large room
  • Disliked — Housekeeping staff does not do a good job - they did a horrible job in my room.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank rachbird

Been to Hometowner Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!