“Dirty room infested by crickets”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Shamrock
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The room was run down and dirty, with at least 20 crickets though out the room and even in the bed. We checked in then right out again. Ay least the desk reception person was friendly and understanding. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Passing through to Arkansas and stopped in Shamrock Texas.
Price was right and room was clean and quiet. I found my cell
service was not available and could not call my wife to tell her
I had arrived here OK. Manager let me use his cell phone so
I could call her. Most motels would not bother to do this.
I will be passing through next June and this is one stop I plan
to make.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have stayed here with a small pet 3 times over the past three years. The overall property appears to be declining with each visit. The pool is closed, and has been for the last three years, so if swimming is your thing, check in advance to see if it is open. The pet fee has increased now from $5 to $10 which after local taxes, etc., made our overnight bill for 2 people to be $73 plus. On the positive side, the room was very clean, bathroom had experienced a leak previously and had been poorly repaired. There was even a recliner chair for watching TV. A continental breakfast is included which was ok. Motel is located away from I40 so there was no highway noise. Kingsize bed was firm. Reception at check in was very friendly. Overall I felt it was overpriced. Next year we will drive another hour and not stay in Shamrock.

Room Tip: I would suggest seeing the room before you unpack your bags. Our room was very clean, but I think it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Super friendly, helpful and resposive people at the desk. Room had very good lighting. Motel in on Rt. 66 in town so there is no highway noise. Reasonable price. The only problem was a broken stopper in the sink. When this was reported at checkout, the clerk apologized and immediately made a note of it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked the room online just before driving into shamrock from childress. Our daughter had just had her first baby. Upon arrival the outside looked rather run down. When we asked the front desk clerk if we could see a room prior to deciding whether to stay or not we were told no. I then asked the clerk if we would be penalized should we decide not to stay, I was told yes. The entire amount of the room. The room smelled very heavily of mold and the shower was filled with black mold. My fiance has asthma and severe allergies. It was not a good night for him! All I received from their manager when i complained about the room was a whole $15 refund. Don't bother calling corporate on this hotel. They will tell you they are mailing you a check for $30 and that it will get to you within 6 weeks, but that it normally doesn't take that long. Please learn from me. This hotel is not worth your time, money, or health. I would never stay there again. Choice Hotels should take back their name from this hotel! It is really making them look terrible!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

If you need a place to put your head for the night, this should do the job. We found the room dated but clean. Breakfast was basic but no cream for coffee. Since it was lacking in basic amenities like a hair dryer, etc. I thought it was alittle overpriced. Overall not too bad.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were visiting Shamrock while my uncle was working in Shamrock. Staff was very courteous, happy to help us with any need. Rooms are large and clean. We have stayed at other higher brand there before but we only felt welcome here. We recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family