Econo Lodge
$89
$85
Route 66 Inn(Shamrock)(Great Value!)
$42
Shamrock Country Inn(Shamrock)(Great Value!)
$36
$106
$46
$46
Hotwire.com
All reviewsroom was cleanhistoric routefridge and microwavesmall towntexas shaped wafflesnight's sleepstopinternetcountryroadcars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The room was bad! Three pillows (if that is what you want to call them) on the bed. I used two of them, and still had a very hard time sleeping. Had a bad neck ache the next day. My husband had to use the very thin towels to supplement his pillow. When I say thin, boy were they. As was the cover on the bed. My husband warned me the water may take a while to warm up in the shower. It was nice & hot at first, but minutes into the shower it turned ice cold. Even with the cold water off, I had no hot water to rinse the soap out of my hair!! Could not wait to leave the next morning.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We booked this hotel through hotel.com and when we arrived there was no power in the main office, broken windows, and it smelled terrible. Location is poor and the facility is in need of care. The front desk provided us with a master key to go to our room and turn on the air conditioner. When we arrived to our room the key wouldn't work and we didn't like the idea that they have their a.c. units off in the middle of the summer (cutting corners is never a good sign). We decided to cancel our reservation and spoke to the main office who told us they would do the paperwork. I'm still fighting for my refund months later because they confirmed our stay with hotel.com. Very dishonest group of people!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank shadow1ras
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The front desk clerk, who turned out to be the owner, was very nice and was very helpful. The hotel looks recently remodeled with some nice touches. My room was very clean. The vending machine wasn't just candy, also had some more healthy choices (for a vending machine). The breakfast was better than I expected from staying at other Econo's. My only complaint was poor to no wi-fi reception. The manager suggested logging on from the lobby instead of my room, so the wi-fi may not be all that good at any time. Overall I was very impressed with this Econolodge.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BJDealer
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I have stayed at this facility a couple of times. Before this stay it was 2005(ish). I was concerned because it was so so then. Since then it has been renovated. The rooms were clean and the only issue I had was mildew on the caulk under the faucet in the shower. When we first enetered we got a blast of a closed up room in 95 degree weather. We left the door open to move our luggage in and the odor was gone. The A/C cooled the room eventually. It took about 20 minutes to get it comfortable and 10 minutes after that we were cold. They could use another ice machine. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and some kids were enjoying it. We didn't eat the breakfast this time.

The check in was very quick and the lady was very friendly. The only thing that shocked me was having to fill out a registration form. It had the same information as on the reservation. But I won't tell them how to run a motel if they don't tell me how to do my job.

We slept like babies. No road noise. We will definitely be back. It is a great cost efficient alternative to the other chain places in Shamrock. I really don't know why the rooms are so pricey there. I don't really consider Shamrock a destination but it is a nice quiet layover location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whichwaydidtheygo
Reviewed April 22, 2010

The rooms were old and need a good cleaning. Not the cleanest in the world but not the worst I have seen. The staff were helpful and tried to please, unfortunatley their rooms do not help them any. Covers and blankets are worn and stained as is the carpet. The room smelled a bit funny . Pillows under the cases were stained and gross. The pool was a disgusting black and green with trash floating in it. The security fence around it was damaged and a small child could walk right through the damaged parts. An accident waiting to happen for people with kids and pets. I would recommend paying a bit more and finding another hotel as this one does not even come close to ranking with even the normally low budget standard of econo lodges.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family