“Great stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Shamrock
Plainview, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My young daughters and I had to stop because of weather and chose well. this hotel had clean rooms, a wonderful pool and hot tub area, and the breakfast was great! We have no complaints. and the staff was very friendly. will stay here again if we are traveling though

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Traveling to Phoenix. We have stayed in Shamrock several times. There are not a lot of hotels to pick from. Decided to try Best Western. Newly renovated. Pool still closed. Our room was very clean. My mattress was very broken down and I had a very bad nights sleep. I meant to tell front desk they need to replace mattress in Room 203, one closest to window, it is definitely worn out!! Happy with the cleanliness of our room and bath. Few things that could have been done, but not a deal breaker. Breakfast was typical of free breakfast. Would stay there again, but I would check my mattress first!!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet. But if 203, check your mattress!
Kinross, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Bests nights sleep of any hotel we have stayed. The employees are the friendliest, most helpful and genuine employees I have come across. Really want to please. The beds are comfortable with just the right amount of bedding to keep you comfy. The breakfast had every thing you could want in a breakfast. Could not have gotten a better one if I was to go to the restaurant that was right next store. Know for sure the help would not have been as good!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Florissant, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our stay at this BW was very nice except for some rowdy neighbors that caused us concern for a short time but they settled down and didn't cause any disruption to our sleep. This seemed to be a very new Best Western so everything was very up to date - breakfast was typical for this kind of place.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was not sure how to title this review, but our room was nice but the hotel is still a work in progress. Locate immediately off I-40 they seem to have limited parking, and most of all limited land on which the hotel sits. We are traveling across country with two small dogs we have planned our stops based on "pet friendly". While this hotel is trying to be pet friendly, it lacks a lot. Most of all it does not have a safe area for the dogs to go to the bathroom. the rear side property is full of burrs and the dogs came away limping, other hotel we are staying at have a dedicated area for their pet guests. While our room was quite nice the floor we were on was under construction and the contractors were less than pleased to see us arrive in their work zone, and I do not blame them at all. The pool was closed for repairs, and not surprising the desk clerk was not helpful at all. it seemed we were disturbing him. We will not use this hotel again because of the less that pet friendly property, but if traveling without pets and you are in need of a quick place to spend the night the non plus Best Western may be ok for you.

Room Tip: try to be on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AbacusTT
London
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel lobby is very nice with a breakfast area off the lobby. Breakfast was good, no complaints there. Pool was closed and under renovations. I decided to use the exercise room, what a mistake. The tread mill was not working as someone had stolen the key. The cross trainer had one arm that was somewhat broken. When using the unit it was not smooth but jerky. I decided I would likely cause damage to my knees if I continued. I could not get the tv to work either but since there was nothing to exercise on I gave up and went back to my room. The room was about a B. There were some X's cut in the wallpaper( I think 3 places and about a 10 inches across the X) on the outside wall. This was peeling back and had been repaired with a staple gun so that the edges of course were still peeling back. One area on an inside wall at a seam was also repaired with a staple gun. What's with that? Bed was comfortable and there was a large selection on the cable tv. Bathroom very nice and modern.

Room Tip: We were travelling west. First off there are several hotels in Shamrock but very limited places to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Just a couple of things, all customer service related, would have improved their rating.
Check in clerk was not behind the desk but hanging out with friends in the food area.

At check out the clerk didn't even say good morning. Seriously!

Additionally the breakfast area wasn't clean and ready at 6am with most of the hot items not ready until 7am.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shamrock
Sleep Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Wheeler
Shamrock Country Inn
Shamrock Country Inn
#1 of 8 in Shamrock

Been to Best Western Plus Shamrock Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!